maddogrsf

Help with a script to monitor a log file for changes in real time

3 posts in this topic

hi everyone . Learning more and more of autoit and i have to say it is VERY powerful. now im into a small automation project

Here is what i plan :  i want , using while/ wend to monitor a log file of an application and when there is a line added i need that auto it " exports" that line

i need this for  an automation of my ftp server. it checks sfv files and when an upload is " COMPLETE "  the ftp server logs it . i need that when there is written this log entry to extract it and run unrar is some regex parameters are met. the hard part is the real time monitoring

at the moment  my code is very unsuccessful (if required i can paste it here)

plus after 40 sec of run time i usually get an out of memory error

can you please me show some effective ways of to monitor a file and extract  last written line (guess using  readline -1) in real time ?

thx and regards

here some ways

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

ehy thx for the tip really look similar to my code @ first sight. i will check better later. in office now. problem with mah code is that i get outof memory error. later  can include it regards

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ZeroByDevide
      By ZeroByDevide
      so right now i have a small project and i wanted to print this text out every second.
      i have made a random number for the sleep function. but when i want to print out with the while loop it just doesn't work.
      Run("notepad.exe") Sleep(1000) Local $rndSleep = Int (Random(180000,240000,1000)) While $rndSleep <> 0 $rndSleep - 1 If Mod ( $rndSleep, 1000 ) == 0 Then Send("This note will show the sleeptime before closing the tabs, you got " & $rndSleep & " seconds left.") EndIf WEnd plis halp me 
    • Jcreator
      By Jcreator
      i used this code to take names for a text file called data and put the info of the image and it location from the data file into the gui interface but it only detect the lines with the info and it do not show the images . here is the code 
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <AVIConstants.au3> #include <TreeViewConstants.au3> #include <GuiComboBox.au3> #include <GuiTab.au3> #include <file.au3> #include <array.au3> _Main() Func _Main() Local $idTab1 $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 500, 334, 240, 182) $Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Group1", 20, 12, 249, 314) $idButton6 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Info", 50, 270, 185, 49) GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Global $fileMPA = "C:\T-in\MPA\data.txt" FileOpen($fileMPA, 0) Global $line1 = FileReadLine($fileMPA , 1) $imp = 0 $idTab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab(300, -3, 180, 330) GUICtrlCreateTabItem("imglist1") GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region TAB1') GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region LIST') Local $imglist1 = GUICtrlCreateList("", 307, 26, 164, 304) $cline =_FileCountLines($fileMPA) While $imp < $cline $line2 = FileReadLine($fileMPA , $imp + 2) $imp = $imp + 7 if $line2 = "" then ExitLoop else GUICtrlSetData(-1, ""& $line2 &"", "") endif WEnd GUICtrlCreateTabItem("imagelist2") GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region TAB2') GUICtrlCreateTabItem("imagelist3") GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region TAB3') While 1 $Msg = GUIGetMsg() Select Case $Msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Global $whatnow = GUICtrlRead($imglist1) Case $Msg = $idButton6 $imp2 = 0 While $imp2 < 30 $line2 = FileReadLine($fileMPA ,$imp2 + 2) $line3 = FileReadLine($fileMPA , $imp2 + 3) $line7 = FileReadLine($fileMPA , 7) $imp2 = $imp2 + 7 if $line2 = "" then ExitLoop If GUICtrlRead($imglist1) = ""& $line2 &"" Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "img info" , $line3) WEnd EndSelect $imp2 = 0 While $imp2 < 30 $line2 = FileReadLine($fileMPA ,$imp2 + 2) $line3 = FileReadLine($fileMPA , $imp2 + 3) $line7 = FileReadLine($fileMPA , 7) $imp2 = $imp2 + 7 Select Case GUICtrlRead($imglist1) = ""& $line2 &"" if $line2 = "" then ExitLoop $Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic(""& $line7 &"", 185, 28, 233, 230) If GUICtrlRead($imglist1) then ExitLoop EndSelect WEnd WEnd EndFunc ;==>_Main i wish some one can help me fix this without having to choose the images manually and i know that the script is messy but am still new in the world of autoit some bear with me . thanks for your time
    • TheOnlyOne
      By TheOnlyOne
      So currently I have some code waiting for a status to change(there is different indicators to check if this status has changed) 
      Func oneRow($count) $globaltimer = _Timer_SetTimer($gui, 60000*10, "reset") $errTimer = TimerInit() While (1)         If PixelGetColor(1117, 326) = 0xC6C6C6 Then ExitLoop (1)         Sleep(500)         MouseClick("right")         Sleep(600)         If PixelGetColor(1117, 326) = 0xC6C6C6 Then ExitLoop (1)         If TimerDiff($errTimer) > 5000 Then             If PixelGetColor(1100, 310) = 0x707070 Or PixelGetColor(901, 305) = 0xE0E0E0 Or PixelGetColor(1043, 383) = 0xC6C6C6 Then                 Sleep(100)                 Send("{esc}")                 Sleep(1000)             EndIf         EndIf     WEnd .... EndFunc   ;==>oneRow The two timers is for error checking. This works just fine the problem comes when I go into the while 1 loop, my hotkeys at the top of the program seems to stop working, for an example 
      HotKeySet("{f1}", "stop") Func stop() Exit EndFunc ;==>stop Does not work at all after the while loop. The globaltimer is never called even though i tried setting the delay all the way down to 3 seconds. So I thought that maybe one of the function I use is blocking so the timer would never be called/the hotkey wouldn't work? if i make an delay just before the while loop the hotkey works just fine. Oh and the errTimer is supossed to not reset after 5 seconds but should keep making the check it does if five seconds have passed
    • JJ1122
      By JJ1122
      #include <Misc.au3>
      While 1
         If _IsPressed(59) Then
            Send("{B}")
            MouseDown("left")
         Else
            Send("{B}")
            MouseUp("left")
         EndIf
      WEnd

I want the script to do this:
      - if I press "Y", send "B" once and hold left click down until i release "Y".
      - if I take my hands off of "Y" key, then send "B" once again and release left click.

but the script I made has problems.
      when I run the script, it starts sending "B" repeatedly, and my left click won't work.

I'm not smart enough to figure out what the problem is... please help me!
      sorry for bad English.

• PINTO1927
      By PINTO1927
      Hi guys,
      I would like to create a button which restarts the script from a set point from me..
      Unfortunately with:
      Run(FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe) & " " & FileGetShortName(@ScriptFullPath)) I repeated everything the script , however I need to do it again from a point that I imposed..
      Thank's..