Random function isn't so random for me!

Devy

So I've been writing a script to move myself around in a little game.  At first I was using movemove(random) to get it to move the mouse randomly around the screen after I click things, and it worked fine.  It would move randomly each time.  Now for some reason it moves 'randomly' to the same spot each time.  When the loop starts over, it picks a new random spot and uses that over and over.

-snip-

Edited by Jos

So I've been writing a script to move myself around in a little game.  At first I was using movemove(random) to get it to move the mouse randomly around the screen after I click things, and it worked fine.  It would move randomly each time.  Now for some reason it moves 'randomly' to the same spot each time.  When the loop starts over, it picks a new random spot and uses that over and over.

uh huh, I see why it would "randomly" go to the same spot over and over.  Because you coded it like that.  Perhaps you should read the rules, as discussion regarding automating games isn't allowed in these forums.

• Jos locked this topic
  • Developers

@Devy,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. (there is also a link link in my signature) 
Please read them now particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked. :naughty:

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope. :)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)