Compiled EXE with charset problem

jlf

Hi,

I have a (large) project that compiled fine with previous version of AutoIt. I just have upgraded with 3.3.14.2 (and also latest SciTE 3.6.0, 4 august 2015) and... bad news. Some strange characters are displayed. My OS/computer is french and used associated page encoding. I removed all unused part from this and I think (but it's only IMHO) that AU3Stripper that cause the problem :

• #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=y ==> strange chars
  • #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=n ==> all seems OK

Please find as attachment the archive of this project. There are several unused/dummy/stupid functions, but they are "required" to show this problem. Moreover, we cannot merge all files in a single one (like 'MyProg_Include.au3'). I think there may be a problem with full "ascii" files and others (containing accented characters).

Thanks in advance for your support.

test_case.zip

• Developers

Au3Stripper is currently not able to cope with all kinds of different file encoding and assumes the included files are compatible with the Main script encoding.
It is one thing on my todo list but haven't found the time&energy yet to start this.

ps. When you want me to check your issue, you will have to give a little more detail as I dont have time to start searching for something that could be wrong somewhere. ;)

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi Jos.

The start point is the #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=y/n. Just compile the exe and run it to see the strange char, that's all :)

The different file encoding is clearly a "must have" condition to show this defect. But i don't know "where" it is in the au3stripper... All I can see is the stripped file that looks "strange" in some cases.

JL

• Developers

I do not have that so it could be you are not using the latest version as I fixed the auto detect setting in that version.

Let me know if that helps before we check further.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi Jos,

"Standard" AutoIt3Wrapper.au3 (15.920.938.0): problem exists on my system

Latest AutoIt3Wrapper (15.920.938.4) : same problem. This latest is correctly used by SciTE ("+>20:22:02 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.15.920.938.4 SciTE v.3.6.0.0" reported in output window/pane).

But it is clear that this latest works best on my system, because I had created another test_case which have been fixed with this 938.4

Attached as test_case_2.zip for information : just open the "MyFunction.au3" (UTF8 encoded) and press F5 : ko with 938.0, ok with 938.4.

test_case_2.zip

JL

Edited by jlf

• Developers

Not sure  what you are trying to tell me other than I already told you that there was a issue with previous default settings os the SciTE config for Code.Page and utf8.auto.check.
What is this last attached zip going to show me, which is not mentioned yet by me earlier on in this thread?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.