Peggy

how to detect excel into Provisions array

1 post in this topic

7.thumb.jpg.a73ee017bef13d6114b7ffc47b3b

I have a excel file(),original Variable as below:

$aData[][] = [["Mary", 5, "Apple", "Banana", "Tomato", "Watermelon", "Strawberry"], _
              ["Sam", 3, "Apple", "Tomato", "Strawberry"], _
              ["Jack", 3, "Banana", "Watermelon", "Strawberry"]]

I want to use one Variable  to represent each Variable  as below:(Easy to expand the number)

$aData[][] = [$Name, $amount , $fruit]

But I don't know how to code,It really baffles me,I want to ask for your assistance~~
Thank you very very much!!!!!!!!!!
:D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• jjohn
      By jjohn
      Hi all,
      I have the following code, basically, it populates an array with unique characters found in a string, but it turns out only one character is in the array, i don't want to think it is due to a bug of autoit at this point, so i need your help on why, please
      Dim $sx[0] Dim $cn $ss = "Xx" ConsoleWrite(StringLeft($ss, 1) & " " & StringRight($ss, 1) & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(StringLeft($ss, 1) = StringRight($ss, 1) & @CRLF) ;here show X <> x ConsoleWrite(@CRLF) ;the following is to populate array $sx with different unique characters in $ss For $b = 1 To StringLen($ss) $flg = 0 For $a = 0 To UBound($sx) - 1 ;if asc(StringMid($ss,$b,1)) = asc($sx[$a]) Then ;if this line is used instead of the next, everything is fine If StringMid($ss, $b, 1) = $sx[$a] Then If StringMid($ss, $b, 1) = "x" Then ConsoleWrite("<<->>" & StringMid($ss, $b, 1) & " " & $sx[$a] & @CRLF) $flg = 1 ExitLoop EndIf Next If $flg = 0 Then $cn = $cn + 1 ReDim $sx[$cn] $sx[$cn - 1] = StringMid($ss, $b, 1) EndIf Next ConsoleWrite(UBound($sx) & @CRLF);list the ubound of $sx ;list what is in array $sx For $a = 0 To UBound($sx) - 1 ConsoleWrite($sx[$a] & @CRLF) Next same code in a file is attached as uniqueChar2Array.au3
    • singbass
      By singbass
      I have an issue with disk space on a server so I wrote a simple little script to check specific directories and save the sizes to an Excel spreadsheet.  For this script, I am still using version 3.3.8.1.  Everything works fine, I just have a question.
      #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.3.8.1 #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #include<date.au3> #include<excel.au3> #include<array.au3> $file = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\CMScriptDirList.txt", 0) If @error Then Exit ;--folder view still OK $oexcel = _ExcelBookOpen(@ScriptDir & "\CMScriptDirSizesCopy.xlsx") If @error Then Exit ;--folder view now parent folder $excelArray = _ExcelReadSheetToArray($oexcel) $lastrow = $excelArray[0][0] $lastcol = $excelArray[0][1] _ExcelWriteCell($oexcel, _NowCalc(), 1, $lastcol + 1) While 1 $line = FileReadLine($file) If @error Then ExitLoop $size = DirGetSize(StringStripWS($line, 3)) / 1024 / 1024 $iIndex = _ArraySearch($excelArray, $line, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1) If @error Then ContinueLoop _ExcelWriteCell($oexcel, $size, $iIndex, $lastcol + 1) WEnd FileClose($file) _ExcelWriteFormula($oexcel, "=SUM(R2C" & $lastcol + 1 & ":R38C" & $lastcol + 1 & ")", 39, $lastcol + 1) _ExcelWriteFormula($oexcel, "=R39C" & $lastcol + 1 & "/1024", 40, $lastcol + 1) $oexcel.ActiveSheet.columns($lastcol).copy ;used to copy the format of the original last column of the spreadsheet $oexcel.ActiveSheet.columns($lastcol + 1).PasteSpecial(-4122, Default, Default, Default) ;this just pastes the format of the original last column to the new last column $oexcel.ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Select ;select cell A1 just to unselect the entire column from previous command $oexcel.columns.AutoFit ;auto sizes the column width _ExcelBookClose($oexcel, 1) ;save file when closing The script is compiled and sitting is a sub-directory on the server in question. The text file and the spreadsheet that are used are both in this same folder as well.  When I navigate to the folder and run the script by double-clicking on the executable, the process runs but the folder view where I ran the script will go back up one level so when the script completes, I am in the parent folder from where I started.  I have added message boxes throughout the script and have determined that the folder view goes back up one level at some point after the @error check for the file open and before the @error check for the ExcelBookOpen (where the comments are).
      I just wanted to know if someone can tell me why and if there is a way to prevent it. (Note: still using v3.3.8.1 on this machine but slowly converting scripts to v3.3.14.2).

• KimberlyJillPereira
      By KimberlyJillPereira
      I am a newbie in AutoIt. May I know what is the code used to expand the width and height of excel cells because I want to insert pictures in the cell.I tried AutoFit but that doesnt work as I cant specify for the width and height. Only for column width I could expand by using .ColumnWidth but for the row I am not able to expand the row? How to do?? What is the code used ??Please help me and thank you.
    • KimberlyJillPereira
      By KimberlyJillPereira
      I am a newbie in AutoIt. May I know what is the code used to expand the width and height of excel cells because I want to insert pictures in the cell.I tried AutoFit but that doesnt work as I cant specify for the width and height. Only for column width I could expand by using .ColumnWidth but for the row I am not able to expand the row? How to do?? What is the code used ??Please help me and thank you.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening
      I was looking around the forum if I could find a function that allows to convert a string into a 2 dimensional array...
      The first column of the array is always the same, but the rows could change...
      I have a pattern like:

Column A|Column B
      Static Text 1|Data 1
      Static Text 2|Data 2
      Static Text 3|Data 3
      Static Text 4|Data 4

Where, Static Text (1...4) will be always the same, and I don't want to change them... But, Data 1...4 are dynamic fields... So, I could have the pattern above AND I coould have the pattern I'm going to show you right below

Column A|Column B
      Static Text 1|Data 1
      Static Text 2|Data 2
      Static Text 3|Data 3
      Static Text 4|Data 4
      Static Text 1|Data 5
      Static Text 2|Data 6
      Static Text 3|Data 7
      Static Text 4|Data 8

How can I do in this case?

Thanks for everyone's help