Au3recorder undefined function and au3recorder missing from v3.3.14.2 zip file

arkmen

Hello,

I am new to AutoIT and am having the following issue with Au3recorder. I have installed AutoIT,and  ScriptEditor for version 3.3.14.2 on Windows 8 and 10.

On Windows 8, the Au3recorder doesn't automatically show up when clicking Alt+F6 or choosing it from the Tools menu. A workaround suggested in stackoverflow.com/questions/31711001/autoit-au3recorder-not-running/33572334#33572334 states to copy the Au3recorder folder from the zip file for version 3.3.8.1 and paste it in Program Files (x86)\Autoit\Extras. I find that the extras folder doesn't contain au3recorder folder initially. Copying and pasting the folder and relaunching the recorder brings up the recorder. I used the recording to launch the command prompt and close it but the recorder throws  "undefined function" error. The link here edugeek.net/forums/scripts/22692-autoit-errors suggests an incorrect version but I know that I have the latest versions.

On windows 10, the same "undefined function" error occurs. Please advise.

Test.au3

• Moderators

@arkmen the following topic is easily found through a forum search, and addresses the issue directly.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!