Activating something from the system tray

Ray H

I'm working with an application (argosoft mail server) that loads as an icon into the lower right of the screen (System tray? I think it's called).

I'm trying to figure out how to open this application in order to begin automating some functions within the app.

When first loading, the application has the user right click on the system tray icon and then can open the app from a menu, but I can't figure out how to get the thing up into an active window so I can automate the admin of it.

Any ideas?

Ray

I'm working with an application (argosoft mail server) that loads as an icon into the lower right of the screen (System tray? I think it's called).

I'm trying to figure out how to open this application in order to begin automating some functions within the app.

When first loading, the application has the user right click on the system tray icon and then can open the app from a menu, but I can't figure out how to get the thing up into an active window so I can automate the admin of it.

Any ideas?

Ray

Do a search in Scripts and Scraps for "SysTray_UDF.au3" by Tuape. This will allow you to find the position of the icon and the rest should be easy to program.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother