Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wicked_Caty

Running a program invisibly in the background

5 posts in this topic

I've written a small bot for a website I visit frequently. It basically does a few mouse clicks for a few times and that's it (no, that does not violate any rules on that website). The code itself isn't important for that, probably.

Yet, the program runs in the foreground and I can't use my laptop when the bot is running. It would be great if it could do that somewhere where it doesn't affect me. Where I simply don't notice if it's running and where I can work normally. Is there such a thing? If yes, how does it work? Thanks :D it's a bit annoying when the program runs for 2 or 3 hours and I can't use it...

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

I've written a small bot for a website I visit frequently. It basically does a few mouse clicks for a few times and that's it (no, that does not violate any rules on that website). 

More important: is the it violating our forum rules?

The code itself isn't important for that, probably.

I know we are pretty good at guessing what people might need but until you share more info I would say: No, not possible.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

At least we can assert that MouseClick requires a visible target window   :)

1 person likes this

Then I'll have to wait while the program runs. Thanks for the quick help guys ^~^

Tip : depending on the wanted actions using the MouseClick's, maybe you could use the _IE* funcs - and run the script in background   ;)