Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anystupidassname

fileread / iniread

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

There are two things I need to do:

1. Read a file into an array(?) I think in order to display it in a combobox / picklist.

The file would be formatted

(ProductCode|ProductName)

and ProductName would be displayed and ProductCode would be set to a variable once a choice was made.

2. Read a file into an array(?) so that each line could be used once in a command line. The format of this file would be

bubba
tally.me.banana

Any suggestions much appreciated. Examples are MOST helpful.

(end result will be a remote uninstall thingie that will probably only work for apps installed with MSI)

Edited by anystupidassname

This signature is computer generated, nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#.......

1. Read a file into an array(?) I think in order to display it in a combobox / picklist.

2. Read a file into an array(?) so that each line could be used once in a command line.

Look at the help file for "fileread", "stringsplit", and "filereadline. Use the first two for 1. and the third for 2.

Unless this is a clean install, you might also want to use "fileexists" to see if an older version is already installed...

I use checkboxes for my pick list as I can pick and choose to install programs as I need. I also wrote a "toggle all" button to uncheck all checkboxes if needed to pick just one or two options.

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format