How to compile/build command mode only program (without GUI)

MarioX

It's probably a dumb question, but how to compile/build AutiIt program for running it from a cmd shell, like the old pkzip.exe or rar.exe for example, that run without graphics GUI and output messages in text mode only ?

Thanks for any advice

Ops, I had read the suggested help file but it's not what I mean, I probably wrote in confused way...

I wonder if using AutoIt is possible made "command mode" program, like fdisk or format for example.

Thanks again for any clarification.

Edited by MarioX

Thanks for any advice

How about looking at "$cmdline" in the help file. This lets you take parameters on the command line. I always use it as follows, so that if the user forgets to put in the command line parameter it pops open an inputbox. However, you could put in an error message instead that just shows the proper useage of your exe:

if $CmdLine[0] = "" Then
    $var = InputBox("Enter parameter", "Please enter a parameter","default")
Else
    $var = $CmdLine[1]
EndIf

Also, be sure to read up on "@sw_hide" to hide any dos boxes that are launched when you use "run". As for writing to the command line from your program, I don't believe you can do that, but will have to rely on "msgbox" or "splashtext" or "tooltip" for output.

Edited by jefhal
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format