ControlSend function help.

chriswf

Hey guys, I'm unable to get ControlSend to work on AutoIt or AutoHotKey with certain applications.

For example, I can get it to work in Notepad. But not into a game or certain applications.

Strangely, HotKeyNet (not AutoHotKey), can send to background applications for me. But I THINK that application intentionally strays away from loops and certain features where real automation may occur.

Are there any tips or way to force ControlSend to work? I tried using AutoIt and AutoHotkey to send commands so HotKeyNet could pick it up and send it to the application in the back ground (lol), but it didn't work.

• Moderators

chriswf,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums.

12 hours ago, chriswf said:

For example, I can get it to work in Notepad. But not into a game or certain applications

You appear not to have read the Forum rules since your arrival. Please do read them - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - before you post again.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

On 1/19/2016 at 5:37 AM, Melba23 said:

You appear not to have read the Forum rules since your arrival. Please do read them - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - before you post

That's a strange assumption :P
And I did read that. They also say "Automation of software/sites contrary to their EULA...". Which Basically rules out every software on the face of the planet. Especially when you consider "You may not work around any technical limitations in the software" is in practically every EULA (firefox, windows/Internet explorer, etc). But we look around that, right?

I'm was attempting to create a script that would be compatible with basically ANYTHING - because our custom properietary software at my work doesn't allow me to put a copy on my home PC for testing. They wanted me to make SURE the script would run in the background (on basically anything). While learning to script, an important feature is it running in the background, waiting for input before loop. I ended up going with AutoHotKey - turns out they have one of the most helpful IT communities in the IT world (according to wiki). I think it's because it's a the support is cut and dry - no question of morality on victimless behavior (using autoit on minesweeper or Super Why child's game).

Anyway - I managed to get what I needed (without the run around).

I mean this is a software that people use to make malware. LOTS of malware. It can modify registry. It's the backbone for CryptoPrison. You want to talk about the likely-hood of misuse...

Your a gun supplier for a group imposing various measures of genocide lol.

You made the software this way, lol.

Wow, Melba23.  Do we want to keep this account open? 
"Your a gun supplier for a group imposing various measures of genocide lol."

I say let him (her?) Get his education from those like him, not from we, who are benevolent in intent.

This person seems to want to use coding skills for evil intent.

My apologies if I misinterpreted the intent.  Vodka sometimes does that to me.

_aleph_

p.s. feel free to mock me if I misunderstood - I have a thick skin, and if I'm wrong, I can laugh along with it all.

Meds.  They're not just for breakfast anymore. :'(