ITS Chat v0.7

themax90

Ok everyone, I have made a new IM server that actually works *winks* and I know because I have fully tested it.

Features :

User registration

Time (Local and Remote)

User logon

Logging of Login/Reg/Messages/Pm's

Personal messages

Setting Maximum users, Master Ini and Log files

This is basically everything AIM had when they started out in 2.0 . The server does not currently have a gui, you just setup the script and and run it, wait till you receive a Server Ready message box and your good to go, the excutable is preset for users who wish to just run it without knowing much about AutoIt. The excutable for the server will output most information to Master.ini and will support up to 100 concurrent connectons at a time. To edit this amount just change $MaxConnection in the source. Do not for this is written in AutoIt v3.1.1.87, Also it hotkey's the enter key for sending messages, this can be quickly edited out in the client, and it will be changed to an IsPressed function very soon. The hotkey is on line 126 for all that wish to remove it. AutoIt beta can be located at http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/

One thing, these two scripts will not run behind a firewall or router unless internet access(firewall) or port access(router) is allowed. If you have a router, please forward the port you wish to use(default 8000), if you do not know how to do this, use this website:

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers...routerindex.htm

If you have a firewall please allow if access to the internet.

Here are some screenshots:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/AutoIt%20Smith/ss1.JPG

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/AutoIt%20Smith/ss2.JPG

Please listen to the following instructions:

For Server:

1a. Edit script to your own properties

1b. Make sure script/excutable is allowed internet access on port 8000

2. Run script/excutable and wait for Message Box.

Errors :

Server cannot initialize - Server was not alowed internet access

Corrupt Ini - Ini has been altered or deleted while server was in use

Internal Error - Internal structural error(has not been ran into yet)

For Client:

1. Run client

2. Goto File ---- Server Settings, and set to server you wish to connect to's IP and Port (Default 8000)

For those lazy users copy this into Chat.ini in the same directory as your Client.au3/.exe

[users]

0=

Amount=0

[server Settings]

Server=71.56.132.184

Port=8000

3. Register

4. Logon (3 and 4 are self explanitory)

5. If you wish to log of close Chat gui or goto File --- Close Connection

Most of this is self explanitory, and shouldn't take must work to run for the average user. One function is availible called /time which displays server and computer time.

I currently have my server running at:

IpAddress : 71.56.132.184

Port : 8000

Feel free to connect. I hope you all like B)

Source and Excutables:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/AutoIt%20Smith/ITSChat.zip

AutoIt Smith

Edit : For developers of this project this is what has been fixed since version 0.6

Server :
    Added : Logging messages and registration
    Added : Time feature
    Fixed : User Logoff Glitch

Client :
    Fixed : Client Connection Hang Bug
    Added : Press Enter Send Message
    Added : Server and Local Time (/time)
Edited by AutoIt Smith

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am working on that for the next Beta, but it's an admin function and will take a while to implement. I said what you could change, maximum user connections, materini file location, chatini file location, etc. P.S two people actually connected and logged in it anyone is those people good job in connecting

Yes I am working on that for the next Beta, but it's an admin function and will take a while to implement. I said what you could change, maximum user connections, materini file location, chatini file location, etc. P.S two people actually connected and logged in it anyone is those people good job in connecting

ok but what do i need to change to actualy GET it connected.... when i run my own server it says "Your server on (my IP) is ready!"

but then when i try connected to the same IP, using port 8000 (ive also tried 80 and 88) it says unable to connect to server..... and when i run the server file nothing pops up after that message, i press ok and thats it, nothing else....

I will test this... as soon as I get time this evening.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

The server, all it does is display a message box when ready. you need to run the client, and SET THE INI under the FILE menu before you can connect to anything. Set it the ip of the server you wish to connect to and the port. So it would me (myip) and port 8000 if you are using the excutables. Or edit the script and set it to $MyIp = "127.0.0.1" and connect to 127.0.0.1 after configuring the ini. The number ONE most forgotten thing in using this is forgetting to set the INI. You all need to set it before it will work. It's written in the directions!!!! If your ip is correct then it should connect, if your behind a router you need your private ip or you need to set the script to 127.0.0.1 It's fairly simple.

you can go to my server, 192.168.0.214 port (default: 8000) my server is on always. you might wanna add GUIctrlcreatemenu ("Media") with open stop etc etc in your nexted beta, it would be nice to listen to music while your chatting B).

EDIT: oh and by the way, when you go login and stuff, when your in the window title "ITS MAIN" the "ENTER" key is disabled on other windows/programs.

Edited by NegativeNrG

[size=20]My File Upload[/size]Register at my site and upload.

you can go to my server, 192.168.0.214 port (default: 8000) my server is on always. you might wanna add GUIctrlcreatemenu ("Media") with open stop etc etc in your nexted beta, it would be nice to listen to music while your chatting :o.

EDIT: oh and by the way, when you go login and stuff, when your in the window title "ITS MAIN" the "ENTER" key is disabled on other windows/programs.

Just so you know the IP you provided will not work as it isnt your public IP address. B)

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Everything looks pretty good. I will be checking into the DeskTop AnyWhere that is being discussed in the Auto ITS forum. See what I can do for it.

On the server settings window. Maybe add the option to test the connection. That way when you goto register it wont just blob you off with a very short message box that I was able to actually read that said "unable to connect to server".

Another thing. Probably not a good idea to go from the login window to the chat window until a sever connection is made.

One last note... password should be in a password box. Both of them. Also to make people feel safe an know the server actually doesnt know and/or store their passords in plain text. Maybe a MD5 hash or other similiar alogorithm would do the trick before it is sent back to the server. Then you would just hash the entered password before checking it with the stored one. Granted this means that you cannot recover anyone's password, but you could always have it reset.

I hope this helps abit. I havent gotten into the source code as it is very late. I have to sleep sometime B). Other than that stuff mentioned above. This seems like we are making good progress on the Auto ITS project.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

"public"? what do you mean by that?

You can goto http://www.whatismyip.org/ it will give you your public IP.

By public I mean your internet IP not your intranet IP. 192.168 is common for small home/business networks.

A public IP will be some different numbers.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

ohh, your talking about that, im on lan with my bro so i got 192.168. i got another ip though (which i knew long time)

Well no one from the outside will be able to connect up with your network. Unless you forward the ports on your router which it seems you may have already done, and also pass out your public IP B).

Just a thought,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

hmm, by the looks of it, i dont have a router(as far as i know), my ip is 144.136.101.193 i try to put it in $myip = (my ip) and i cant connect with it, it says server cannot initialize.

Your public ip address is for use by people connecting from the internet. It will not work with people on the internal network, for that you have to use your other address.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

ohh, your talking about that, im on lan with my bro so i got 192.168. i got another ip though (which i knew long time).

EDIT: how do i make it connect to my "public" ip?

If you are on a LAN with your brother then you will need to forward the Port through your router and/or modem. It is possible with newer modems that the 'router' is built in.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links