Chocolade

AutoitX.ControlSend stopped working why ?

2 posts in this topic

I added to my project in c# referenced the dll's : AutoitX3.Assembly.dll and AutoitX3Lib.dll

In my code i'm trying to simulate a combination of Ctrl + O

So I did:

AutoIt.AutoItX.ControlSend(processTitle, "", processFileName, "^^{r}");

When using a break point:

In processTitle I see:  Game

In the processFileName I see: C:\Program Files (x86)\Game\Game\Game.exe

For checking I looked into Task Manager and there I see in the tab details: Game.exe as name and in Description I see Game

And if I will click manually on my own Ctrl + O it will work it will do what I need it will take effect.

But when using the AutoIt it will not work will do nothing no effect at all. And I see it's getting and doing the line with the ControlSend but nothing

happen.

And it did work few hours ago. What is wrong ?

1 hour ago, Chocolade said:

And it did work few hours ago. What is wrong ?

So, what did you change? :)

Jos

PS: ensure you have read our forumrules around game automation. 

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Skysnake
      By Skysnake
      Scite comes up occasional, almost incidentally, in some support topics.  I have not found a "Scite" topic in the forums, so this is where I will start.  I have recently been using Scite intensively, specifically with a large project and I have certain issues.  I know that Scite is not an AutoIt product, but it is so closely integrated to the core release that it makes sense to raise issues and request support here.  If this is not the right please refer me to the right forum.
      Thx

Skysnake
    • P3rsp3ctiv3
      By P3rsp3ctiv3
      Hello how can I send a {Enter} into the edit window ($cmd)? I tried it first with:
      GUICtrlSetData($cmd, "Line 1" + "{ENTER}")
      but it doesn´t work. Can someone help me please?
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstants.au3> $Admin = GUICreate("Admin", 234, 168, 192, 229, $GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, BitOR($WS_EX_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW,$WS_EX_TRANSPARENT,$WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE)) GUISetBkColor(0xB4B4B4) $exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close", 160, 136, 65, 25) $cmd = GUICtrlCreateEdit("",0, 0, 225, 137, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_VSCROLL) GUICtrlSetData(-1, "") GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Candara") GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xE3E3E3) $cmd_clear = GUICtrlCreateButton("Clear", 9, 136, 65, 25) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) HotKeySet("{f1}", CMD_1) HotKeySet("{f2}", CMD_2) While 1 $msg = GUIGetMsg(1) Switch $msg[0] Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $exit GUIDelete($Admin) Exit EndSwitch WEnd Func CMD_1(); GUICtrlSetData($cmd, "Line 1" & "{ENTER}") GUICtrlSetData($cmd, "Line 2" & "{ENTER}") EndFunc Func CMD_2(); GUICtrlSetData($cmd, "Line 3" & "{ENTER}") GUICtrlSetData($cmd, "Line 4" & "{ENTER}") EndFunc
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      hello
      please i need to link a progress bar with a time can you help me?
      e.g
      i want to set a progress bar for 10 sec
      am waiting for your answers
      thank you.
    • AdminC
      By AdminC
      #RequireAdmin
      #include <SendMessage.au3>
      #include <WinAPI.au3>
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
      #include <GDIPlus.au3>
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
      #include <WinAPIGdi.au3>
      #include <Array.au3>
      #include <WinAPIDiag.au3>
      $Imglocation = @ScriptDir&"\Image\testimg.bmp"
      _GDIPlus_Startup()
      Local $Bitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromFile($Imglocation)
      Local $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($Bitmap)
      Local $imgSize = _WinAPI_GetBitmapDimension($hBitmap)
      Local $imgBits = DllStructCreate('dword[' & ($imgSize.X * $imgSize.Y) & ']')
      _WinAPI_GetBitmapBits($hBitmap, DllStructGetSize($imgBits), DllStructGetPtr($imgBits))
      _WinAPI_DisplayStruct($imgBits)
      MsgBox(0, "", DllStructGetData($imgBits, 1, 1)) 
      _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
      DllstructGetData can't get data color B, G, R value. Who's know that? teach me plz

• nikink
      By nikink
      Hi all,
      I have a bit of code that works on my old Win10 PC, that fails on my new Win10 PC, and I think the only significant difference is the version of Autoit - old PC has 3.3.12, new has 3.3.14.
      I couldn't find anything mentioned in the change logs though, so perhaps I'm wrong.
      Anyway, the code to replicate my issue is:
      Test('username', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test(' ', ' ') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', 'DOMAIN') Func Test($un, $dom) $compName = 'PCNAME' $FullName = '.' $Description = '.' ; get the WIM object $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $compName & "\root\cimv2") ; get default user full name and description $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") If IsObj($objAccount) Then $FullName = $objAccount.FullName $Description = $objAccount.Description EndIf ConsoleWrite($FullName & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($Description & @CRLF) Return EndFunc  
      On my old PC this code will output just . and . for each of those line currently commented out. Which is fine.
      On my new PC any of those commented out lines of code cause an error, and the script won't even compile.
      $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") $objAccount = $objWMIService^ ERROR I'm very much a newb with the WMI stuff and objects, but it looks like the .Get property is failing when either $un or $dom aren't valid in v3.3.14, whereas in 3.3.12 the .Get would fail to return an object, which is then caught by the If statement.
      Am I on track with this? Is there some new/better way to code the example so that 3.3.14 will compile it?