GarnetDagger

How to check if $array is Single or 2d/Multi-Array

GarnetDagger

I get a database result back as sometimes as single array and sometimes multi array (I understand that is bad practice in general and I am trying to fix that, because there are some errors in my database)

but how can I error handle the best way or determine when something is single or multi array without making my script to break?

I am very poor at @error handling in such cases

for example $ncatid = $array[7]

(because it is the answer i got back from database is multi array, that is because the item is unfortunate stored double which i am trying to fix in proper manner)

I get the error of, Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded

Melba23

GarnetDagger,

UBound with the $UBOUND_DIMENSIONS parameter will tell you the number of dimensions.

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

GarnetDagger

You are so right, How could i forgot!  you are the greatest and the oldest!

mikell
4 hours ago, GarnetDagger said:

you are the greatest and the oldest!

The oldest ...  -_-

:whistle:

:muttley:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• xiantez
      By xiantez
      This script used to work on an older version of AutoIT. Currently I am running AutoIT v3.3.14.5 and it's failing.
      Func PublicIP() ;Post public facing IP address Local $url = 'https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=what+is+my+ip&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8' Local $getIPaddress = BinaryToString(InetRead($url)) Local $sStart = 'clamp:2">' Local $sEnd = '</div>' Local $ipaddress = _StringBetween($getIPaddress, $sStart, $sEnd For $i In $ipaddress MsgBox(0, 'External IP', "Your public IP address is " & $i) Next EndFunc ;==>PublicIP The console output shows:
      "C:\Users\user\Documents\AutoIT\Scripts\WSI Tools.au3" (197) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".: For $i In $ipaddress For $i In $ipaddress^ ERROR ->14:12:16 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1 +>14:12:16 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 1 Time: 9.811
    • TrashBoat
      By TrashBoat
      So Im trying to make a simple 2d game and make some sort of collision detection so why not to make a 2 dimensional array but i have no clue how  to write it in multiple lines
      Global $map[5,5] = [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0 _ [0,0,0,0,0] something like this but it doesn't work
    • Zein
      By Zein
      #include "..\Include\Array.au3" #include "..\Include\File.au3" #include "..\Include\AutoItConstants.au3" Local $aRetArray Local $sFilePath = "n.csv" _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aRetArray, ",") ; _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aRetArray, $FRTA_COUNT, ",") _ArrayDisplay($aRetArray, "Original", Default, 8) The above code shows two versions of _FileReadToArray and both don't work as expected.
      The first one doesn't use the comma as a delimiter. (so I get a single column array)  I tried adding "Default" between $aRetArray and "," then it told me it had an incorrect number of parameters. 

I looked again at the documentation:

#include <File.au3> _FileReadToArray ( $sFilePath, ByRef $vReturn [, $iFlags = $FRTA_COUNT [, $sDelimiter = ""]] )
      And I with or without the flags params I should be getting a 2D array due to my file being a csv. 
      I then tried a regular flag, $FRTA_COUNT, and it tells me that I'm using a variable $FRTA_COUNT while it's not declared. Tried putting in 1 instead and it told me again, incorrect number of params. 

• ternal
      By ternal
      Hi,
      Recently I have had the need to do a sort and then do a second sort while the item of the first sort stays the same ( double sorting , first on column x then while column x is the same sort column y).
      I did not put much efffort into error checking but so far I did not need it.
      For my applications so far it works perfectly however if someone is willing I want to test this extensivly.
      If anyone has big lists of random stuff to sort could you try this out please?
      #include <Array.au3> ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _ArraySort_Double ; Description ...: ; Syntax ........: _ArraySort_Double (Byref $array[, $first_index = Default[, $second_index = Default[, $ascending = Default]]]) ; Parameters ....: $array - 2d array to sort. ; $first_index - [optional] first column to sort. Default is 0. ; $second_index - [optional] second column to sort. Default is 1. ; $ascending - [optional] ascending/descending. Default is 1. ; Return values .: 1 if no errors occured , -1 if errors occured ; Author ........: Ternal ; Remarks .......: Needs excessive testing. ; Related .......: _arraysort() ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _ArraySort_Double (byref $array, $first_index = Default, $second_index = Default, $ascending = Default) Local $temp_value Local $counter = 1 If UBound($array, $UBOUND_DIMENSIONS) <> 2 Then MsgBox(0, "error", "error") return -1 EndIf If $first_index = Default Then $first_index = 0 If $second_index = Default Then $second_index = 1 If $ascending = Default Then $ascending = 1 _ArraySort($array, $ascending, 0, 0, $first_index); you can alter settings of primary sort here If @error Then MsgBox(0, "error", @error) return -1 EndIf $temp_value = $array[0][$first_index] For $x = 1 to UBound($array, 1) - 1 If Mod( $x, 10000) = 0 Then ConsoleWrite("at " & $x & " of a total : " & UBound($array, 1) & @CRLF) If $array[$x][$first_index] = $temp_value Then $counter+= 1 If $x = UBound($array, 1) - 1 Then; do last line here(if last line is not a new item) _ArraySort($array, $ascending, $x - $counter, $x, $second_index);you can alter settings of secondary sort here(don't forget to place line 34 the exact same) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "error", @error) return -1 EndIf EndIf Else If $counter > 0 Then ;at least 2 of the same _ArraySort($array, $ascending, $x - $counter, $x - 1, $second_index);you can alter settings of secondary sort here(don't forget to place line 29 the exact same) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "error", @error) return -1 EndIf $counter = 1 EndIf EndIf $temp_value = $array[$x][$first_index] Next Return 1 EndFunc Kind regards, Ternal
    • Xandy
      By Xandy
      I'm listing the error message strings, and roughly matching the error code
      Is this how to do error reporting?  Is there a more simple way I don't know about?
      I realise I might not need to trap @error inside $error.  I like it this way b/c I have no fear of overwriting @error now; I don't even use it.
      Func Send_Connect($address, $port)     $socket = TCPConnect($address, $port)     $error = @error     If $error <> 0 Then         Local $aError[4] = ["-2 not connected.", _                             "1 IPAddr is incorrect.", _                             "2 port is incorrect."]         $aError[3] = "10060 Connection timed out."         If $error < 0 Then $error = 0         If $error > 2 Then $error = 3         MsgBox(0, "TCP Connect Error", $aError[$error], 0)         $socket = 0     EndIf     Return $socket EndFunc