TelNet Connection to game server

Hey all,

I just started using AutoIt today and it seems pretty cool. I watched several tutorials outlining the basics and I think I have a grasp of that.

What I'm trying to do is connect to a game server that I admin (7 days to die) and be able to receive the server information that it's putting out and issue commands to the server.

A friend of mine said that in VB it's as simple as a couple lines of code that requires "http://IPADDRESSHERE:PORT and the server admin password.

I'm told that the server continuously streams information (online players, chat messages, etc), so I need to receive this info and update the UI.

So, here is my issue. I've never worked with TelNet before, I have no idea how to establish a connection using AutoIt and how to receive the data from the server.

Any help you guys can give would be most helpful! :)

• Moderators

@Nifty62 welcome to the forum. You may indeed not be planning any "nefarious purpose". However, in this area our forum rules are pretty clear:

• Launching, automation or script interaction with games or game servers, regardless of the game.

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!