SCITE mem leak with wrapper32bit on W7 64bit

I tried a simple script in SCITE and I see the mem is always growing @20kB/s, only if launched from SCITE:

global  $a = 0
while 1
    $a=1
    Sleep(50)
WEnd

The same script directly launched (both in x86/x64) gives no leak.

Adding this line to the script launched from SCITE, it has no leak:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y

global  $a = 0
while 1
    $a=1
    Sleep(50)
WEnd

So, it's a problem of the AutoitWrapper in 32bit.

I use:

+>10:47:47 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.15.920.938.0 SciTE v.3.6.0.0   Keyboard:00000410  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0410)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Franci3\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Franci3\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.15.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta  input:E:\Domotica\testGUI_1.au3
+>10:47:47 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.15.0):

Funny, I searched the forum and I found a thread I started in 2012 where I described the same problem!

I didn't remember it.

This bug was there from lot of time...

• Developers

You will be running 4 programs when doing F5:

• SciTE
  • AutoIt3->AutoIt3Wrapper to shell AutoIt3.exe
  • Another AutoIt3->AutoIt3Wrapper instance to monitor the AutoIt3.exe process
  • The AutoIt3.exe running your script

Which program has the growing memory?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Not sure what you mean with the real AutoIt3 program as that AutoIt3 program is ran 3 times, as i indicated.

I am running your script now for a while on a Win10/x64 with the x86 version of AutoIt3 and do not see much memory growth.
How much do you see it grow in what period?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

One other question: Are you running the latest version of AutoIt3Wrapper, which isn't compiled anymore but rather using AutoIt3.exe?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
6 minutes ago, Jos said:

One other question: Are you running the latest version of AutoIt3Wrapper, which isn't compiled anymore but rather using AutoIt3.exe?

Jos

and what are you using?

Actually that is there as well :) ... and it is an old version. Maybe first try the latest version.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I don't know if it's the latest, I only used what was installed from the Autoit beta package I downloaded some time ago. In the first post I wrote the Scite output:

v.15.920.938.0
>Running AU3Check (3.3.15.0)

13 minutes ago, Jos said:

I am running your script now for a while on a Win10/x64 with the x86 version of AutoIt3 and do not see much memory growth.

But do you launch it from Scite?

• Developers

Last version is: AutoIt3Wrapper v.16.306.1237.1 SciTE v.3.6.2.0 

Yes, running from SciTE ....  and am looking at the Memory(shared working set) which remains static and Memory(Private working set) which fluctuates.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

No idea why that would be as I don't see it.
Maybe others see the same issue?
If so, we need to figure out which of the AutoIt3 processes is having this issue so we can start doing some debugging.
The only one I would expect to grow is the AutoIt3 process which shelled your source script since that is capturing any console output, but only when console output is generated.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Wait... I found out what it was!

I looked at Scite.exe properties from the icon on desktop and I found it has checked the Compatibility mode XP SP3! Maybe some very old test I forgot about.

Removing that it works as expected!

Sorry, it was my config.