Add Files to treeview

• Moderators

Jewtus,

As it does on my Win7 machine - which leads to the conclusion that it is probably a Win10 issue, and as I have no access to a Win10 machine to test leaves little chance of resolving the issue for you. Sorry.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

Jewtus,

While poking around in the UDF I have discovered a possible scenario where the additional items are added to the first TreeView element regardless of which was clicked - which matches your symptoms. I do not know if this edge case - which should only affect _CFF_Embed and is extremely unlikely to occur (I only noticed by chance) - is the cause of your problem, but given the similarity in effect it seems worth looking to see if it does. Can you run your script with these 2 versions of the UDF and see what you get in the SciTE console:

<snip> - This is the current version with a few lines of debugging code added

<snip> - this is the version modified to correct the edge case with the same debugging code

You should see a lot of "Native TV: True/False" lines appear in the console. If you use _CFF_Choose they should all be True - using _CFF_Embed it will depend on the type of TreeView you pass to the UDF. As I said above, as far as I can see the edge case should only affect _CFF_Embed, but I am clutching at straws here.

M23

Edited by Melba23
Removed Beta code

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

I tried the debug version and it works if I click a few times, but it also duplicates the entries under each tree. I'll see if I can spool up a VM for you to mess around with... do you have a VM Player?

• Moderators

Jewtus,

Try this version and see if it gets rid of the duplicate entries:

M23

Edited by Melba23

Spoiler

Unfortunately, the issue is still persistent. I expand the C drive and collapse it a few times and it does duplicate the entries. This is the console out:

Native TV: True

• Moderators

Jewtus,

How are you expanding/collapsing the drive? Clicking on the associated [+], double-clicking the drive letter (i.e. the TreeView item itself), or a mixture of the two?

And when you say "duplicate", do you mean it always opens with a double set of entries, or that it adds a new set of entries with each "expand" so that you have an ever-increasing number of child items?

Last point - have we actually solved the element location problem? Do the expanded TreeView entries at least get placed under the correct parent?

M23

Edited by Melba23
Additional queries

Spoiler

On 7/9/2016 at 4:16 AM, Melba23 said:

How are you expanding/collapsing the drive? Clicking on the associated [+], double-clicking the drive letter (i.e. the TreeView item itself), or a mixture of the two?

I'm clicking the plus sign. 

And when you say "duplicate", do you mean it always opens with a double set of entries, or that it adds a new set of entries with each "expand" so that you have an ever-increasing number of child items?

Each time I click the expand, it adds the child items again. I played around with this for a while and it doesn't seem to happen if I click the + slowly, but every time I click twice within a 1-2 second window, the records are duplicated.

Last point - have we actually solved the element location problem? Do the expanded TreeView entries at least get placed under the correct parent?

The items still fall under the wrong section. When I hit the M drive's + it adds the content to the C, but not until you expand the C drive.

Were you able to boot up the VM I sent you via message?