ur

Files are not getting replaced with filecopy

8 posts in this topic

$RootDir = "C:\x86\"
$BinariesFolder = "C:\Binaries\x86\0717-15.Binary.r9642_Release_win32_Fresh"

$DestinationFolder = $RootDir & "_AppFiles-Telos"
$SourceFolder=$BinariesFolder
FileCopy($SourceFolder & "\*.*", $DestinationFolder & "\", $FC_OVERWRITE + $FC_CREATEPATH)

In the above code, even if I keep $FC_OVERWRITE, the existing files are not getting replaced.

Any suggestion please.

Have you tried with #RequireAdmin at the top of your script?

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

9 hours ago, ur said:
$RootDir = "C:\x86\"
$BinariesFolder = "C:\Binaries\x86\0717-15.Binary.r9642_Release_win32_Fresh"

$DestinationFolder = $RootDir & "_AppFiles-Telos"
$SourceFolder=$BinariesFolder
FileCopy($SourceFolder & "\*.*", $DestinationFolder & "\", $FC_OVERWRITE + $FC_CREATEPATH)

In the above code, even if I keep $FC_OVERWRITE, the existing files are not getting replaced.

Any suggestion please.

3 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Have you tried with #RequireAdmin at the top of your script?

No, but the files are in the folder where the current user has full permissions.

So try it anyway, worst case it doesn't work ;)

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

1 hour ago, JLogan3o13 said:

So try it anyway, worst case it doesn't work ;)

Got to know the root cause by checking some which are not getting replaced.
They are with Read-only attribute and even with #RequireAdmin they are not getting replaced.
Can you suggest what to do with them.?

If they're read only, you'll need to use FileSetAttribute to unprotect them before trying to overwrite them.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

On 7/19/2016 at 2:05 AM, BrewManNH said:

If they're read only, you'll need to use FileSetAttribute to unprotect them before trying to overwrite them.

It is around 4000 files with read-only attribute among  7000 files in the folder.

Present I am removing read-only attribute from the FileSetAttribute using a for loop.
Is there any option to copy forecfully even readonly is there, instead of removing the attribute.Because with windows explorer they are replacing directly in GUI.

Instead of removing the attribute(s) in a loop, you can use the Run command and just run ATTRIB -r *.* in the folder. This will remove the RO attribute on all files in that folder. Something like this.

Run(@ComSpec & " /c attrib -r " & $BinariesFolder & "\*.*")

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• fopetesl
      By fopetesl
      Struggling to get Filecopy() working
      MsgBox(0,"Moving file: ", $fLine) ; C:\AlmeterS3\AI74_No2.csv FileCopy( $fLine, "C:\AlmeterS3\S3_Database\") ; FileCopy( $fLine, $BatchDir & "\S3_Database\") If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "ERROR!", "database write error " & @error) EndIf FileDelete( $fLine) doesn't copy only creates a file "C:\AlmeterS3\S3_Database" (actually AI74_No2.csv)
      Again my typo I should have added
      $FC_OVERWRITE + $FC_CREATEPATH since folder didn't actually exist.
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi,
      I do recognize bad behaviour at this snippet:
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> Global $g_sSD = @ScriptDir & "\" Global $g_sBurstPath = $g_sSD & "Burst\" DirCreate($g_sBurstPath) Local $sFileName = "Test_mit_3_Seiten.pdf" ; any PDF with more than 1 page inside @ScriptDir FileCopy($g_sSD & $sFileName, $g_sBurstPath & $sFileName, 1) ;~ Sleep(13000) Local $hTimer = TimerInit() ConsoleWrite("Start" & @CRLF) _Burst($g_sBurstPath & $sFileName) ; bursts PDF into single pages ;~ While _FileInUse($g_sBurstPath & $sFileName) ;~ WEnd ConsoleWrite("End: " & Round(TimerDiff($hTimer)) & "ms" & @CRLF) Exit Func _quotePath($sPath) ; because of possible "spaces" inside pathes $sPath = '"' & $sPath & '"' Return $sPath EndFunc Func _Burst($sFile) Local $sPDFtk = $g_sSD & "pdftk.exe" ; path to pdftk.exe (and libiconv2.dll) Local $sCurrWorkingDir = @WorkingDir FileChangeDir($g_sBurstPath) ; it has to change for reasons Local $iPID = Run(_quotePath($sPDFtk) & ' ' & _quotePath($sFile) & ' burst', "", @SW_SHOW, $STDOUT_CHILD + $STDERR_CHILD) ; @SW_SHOW just to see "PDFtk is working" Local $sOutput, $sError While 1 $sOutput &= StdoutRead($iPID) $sError &= StderrRead($iPID) If @error Then ExitLoop Sleep(10) WEnd FileChangeDir($sCurrWorkingDir) ; back to normal EndFunc Func _FileInUse($sFilename) ; by Siao Local $aRet, $hFile $aRet = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateFile", _ "str", $sFilename, _ ;lpFileName "dword", 0x80000000, _ ;dwDesiredAccess = GENERIC_READ "dword", 0, _ ;dwShareMode = DO NOT SHARE "dword", 0, _ ;lpSecurityAttributes = NULL "dword", 3, _ ;dwCreationDisposition = OPEN_EXISTING "dword", 128, _ ;dwFlagsAndAttributes = FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL "hwnd", 0) ;hTemplateFile = NULL $hFile = $aRet[0] If $hFile = -1 Then ;INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE = -1 $aRet = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "GetLastError") SetError($aRet[0]) Return 1 ; file in use (@error contains system error code) Else ;close file handle DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "CloseHandle", "hwnd", $hFile) Return 0 ; file not in use EndIf EndFunc This bursting took about 15000ms. If I activate line 8 "Sleep(13000)" then the bursting itself never needed more than 1000ms. Round about 13000ms delay is needed until bursting is acting very fast, otherwise needing about 15000ms.
      Then I tested _FileInUse() instead of _Burst() w/o Sleep(13000). This runs in 3ms. It seemes to me that FileCopy() and Burst() are interacting in a way I can't see.
      Any ideas? Regards, Conrad
      P.S. You need pdftk.exe and libiconv2.dll at @ScriptDir. This you can get free here: https://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-server/ (I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to attach it here).

• joseLB
      By joseLB
      Suppose you want from time to time to update a destination folder  with new files that where created at a origin folder.
      It´s a kind of synchronization, where new files in origin must be "added" to destination. No worry about files that changed, just the new ones.
      The natural way:   FileCopy  ($originFolder  &  "\*.*"   ,   $destinationFolder  , $FC_NOOVERWRITE)
      After many tests, where I have 300 .jpg files in origin and no subfolders:
      If there is nothing at destination => OK, copy  is done. Now destination has 300 files. If I erase at destination 10 files in the middle (explorer, shift del)  and then filecopy =>  the 10 deleted files are NOT copied !! If I erase at destination 10 files "at the beginning"* (explorer, shift del)  and then filecopy =>  the 10 deleted files are copied !! = OK !! * "at beginning" = sorted by name, ascending, erase the 10 first ones.
      ** I tried $originFolder  &  "\*.*" , $originFolder&"\"  ,  $originFolder , and many other variants. The same for destination.
      So, what´s seems to me is that  when FileCopy finds the first file from origin  that exists at destination it stops to search.  That´s expected behavior?
      Best Regards
      Jose
    • Xulong
      By Xulong
      I have a script which is copying one file (the latest file among a bunch of structured folders) from one network device to another network device.
      The weird thing is the file copied successfully to the destination folder right after the FileCopy command ran but the script is hanging for another few minutes until it return with exit code 0.
      Below is my script:
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> copyfile() Func copyfile() Local $testLogFile = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\CopyMSI", 1) Local $BuildArtifacts = "\\vm-build\BuildArtifacts" Local $dServer = "\\VM-DEV\c$\Users\Administrator\Desktop" Send("#r") WinWaitActive("Run") ControlSend("Run", "", 1001, $BuildArtifacts) ControlClick("Run", "OK", 1) _FileWriteLog($testLogFile, "Opened Builds folder") ;trying to get the latest build folder and grab the latest msi file for copying WinWaitActive("BuildArtifacts") Local $FolderList = _FileListToArray($BuildArtifacts, "Grand-4.*") _ArraySort($FolderList, 1) Local $latestSEbuild = $FolderList[0] Sleep (5000) WinClose("BuildArtifacts") Local $sServer = $BuildArtifacts & '\' & $latestSEbuild & '\G4.msi' ; start copying file from build to destination folder FileCopy($sServer, $dServer, $FC_OVERWRITE) _FileWriteLog($testLogFile, "Copied MSI") EndFunc  
    • PINTO1927
      By PINTO1927
      Hello guys,
      I'm working on this script:
      Case $BTN Global $URL = FileOpenDialog("IMPORT FILE", $DESKTOP, "ALL FORMAT (*)", 4) $DIR_DEST = "C:\DIR-WORK\list\IMPORT_DOC\" DirCreate($DIR_DEST) Local $LINE For $t = 1 To $URL[0] _FileReadToArray($URL[$t], $LINE) For $u = 1 To $LINE[0] FileCopy($URL[$u], $DIR_DEST) Next Next the selected files via OpenFileDialog must be copied to the folder $DIR_DEST.