Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
proyb2

Start Menu "Run" dialog with registered file type

7 posts in this topic

How do I use the Windows Start Menu Run without the dialog...

the advantage is that, it would execute other than exe files like doc, xls...therefore would able to focus/activate in the MS office in Single Document Interface as it would be impossible in AutoIT bulit-in command

How do I use the Windows Start Menu Run without the dialog...

the advantage is that, it would execute other than exe files like doc, xls...therefore would able to focus/activate in the MS office in Single Document Interface as it would be impossible in AutoIT bulit-in command

Try

#include <Process.au3>
_RunDos("start Http://www.autoitscript.com")

Straight from the help file.

Get Beta versions Here Get latest SciTE editor Here AutoIt 1-2-3 by Valuater - A great starting point.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Process.au3 (42) : ==> "Case" statement with no matching "Select" statement.:

Case 0x00000040

i got this error in SciTE editor? using stable and beta built

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Process.au3 (42) : ==> "Case" statement with no matching "Select" statement.:

Case 0x00000040

i got this error in SciTE editor? using stable and beta built

Try it with Alt+F5 (Run BETA version of AutoIt3)

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#include <Process.au3>

when execute the same excel file more than once in MS office 2003...I got an error that the file can only be open once...

my wish is that, i wanted to run as many time using existing Excel file without an error prompt

like C:\book1.xls

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

#include <Process.au3>

when execute the same excel file more than once in MS office 2003...I got an error that the file can only be open once...

my wish is that, i wanted to run as many time using existing Excel file without an error prompt

like C:\book1.xls

Excel will have to open the file in Read-Only mode or you have to make the SpreadSheet Shared....

To open files in Readonly mode you need to open it with "Excel /r sheetname.xls"

Edited by JdeB

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)