Compile sequence of operations

condoman

I am trying to automatically update the #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion= directive by using a #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Before= directive.  What I see happening when I use Tools/Compile in SciTE is my code is updated correctly by my run before utility but the exe that is created is not.

I am trying to understand what image of the source text gets passed to the compile process.  Of course if I compile again the exe and source version are the same.  I assume then that the image passed to the compile is the one before the run before has processed the source.

Any thoughts on how to get what I want done?  Thanks.

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
    #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=BPFP.ico
    #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
    #Tidy_Parameters=/gd
    #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Before=E:\BNDocuments\AutoItScripts\BPFPver.exe %in%
    #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=3.8.0.0
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

• Developers

Can you show me the total SciTE outputpane info when you compile the script so I can see what is happening?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I changed the version to 3.9 to run this example.  When it completes the AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=3.9.0.0.  This shows me the utility has made the update.  The file proprieties still show 3.8.

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /ShowGui /prod /in "E:\BNDocuments\AutoItScripts\BPFP.au3"
+>12:38:35 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.16.612.1119.0 SciTE v.3.6.6.0   Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE
-> No changes made..
>Running:E:\BNDocuments\AutoItScripts\BPFPver.exe E:\BNDocuments\AutoItScripts\BPFP.au3
>E:\BNDocuments\AutoItScripts\BPFPver.exe E:\BNDocuments\AutoItScripts\BPFP.au3 Ended   rc:0
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:E:\BNDocuments\AutoItScripts\BPFP.au3
+>12:38:42 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "E:\BNDocuments\AutoItScripts\BPFP.au3" /out "C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU7CF0.tmp.exe" /nopack /icon "E:\BNDocuments\AutoItScripts\BPFP.ico" /comp 2
+>12:38:43 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU7CF0.tmp.exe. rc:0
>12:38:43 Performing the Program Resource Update steps:
...>Updating Program Version information.
...>Setting Program ExecutionLevel Manifest information to asInvoker
...>Setting Program Compatibility Manifest information to Windows10
...>Updating Program Manifest information.
>12:38:43 Program Resource updating finished successfully.
+>12:38:43 Created program:E:\BNDocuments\AutoItScripts\BPFP.exe
+>12:38:44 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 9.252

• Developers

Sorry for being slow here but the issue is simply due to the fact that the directives are read at the start of AutoItWrapper and are saved in variables, so updating autoit3wrapper directives doesn't help unless you use the build-in version increment directive: 

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_First_Increment

So the actual packed source will contain you new version, but the program resources will contain what was read at the beginning.

You should use #pragma directives as those are read by aut2exe!

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)