Bug with line continuation and comments in 3.1.1.89

Hi,

Has anyone else had any problems with comments after a line continuation character. When I run the sample code from the latest beta help

dim $b_; This _ is not a continuation character, nor is the next one
dim $k_
Dim $a[8][2] = [ _
[ "Word", 4 ], _; Comment 1
[ "Test", 3 ], _
[ "pi", 3.14159], _; Associate the name with the value
[ "e", 2.718281828465], _; Same here
[ "test;1;2;3", 123], _
[ ';', Asc(';') ], _; This comment is removed, but the strings remain.
["", 0] ]

I get this:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Anton\My Documents\AutoIt Scripts\SQLite\sqlite\temp.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

>Running AU3Check...C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat

C:\Documents and Settings\Anton\My Documents\AutoIt Scripts\SQLite\sqlite\temp.au3(4,16) : ERROR: syntax error

[ "Word", 4 ], _

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Documents and Settings\Anton\My Documents\AutoIt Scripts\SQLite\sqlite\temp.au3(5,13) : ERROR: wrong nesting in initializer

[ "Test", 3 ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Documents and Settings\Anton\My Documents\AutoIt Scripts\SQLite\sqlite\temp.au3(6,1) : ERROR: syntax error

[

^

C:\Documents and Settings\Anton\My Documents\AutoIt Scripts\SQLite\sqlite\temp.au3 - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

>AU3Check Ended with Error(s).

>Exit code: 0 Time: 4.576

However, if I remove the comments it runs fine!

Is this a bug?

Regards

Walkabout.

Runs fine using 3.1.1.87 and Scite.

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

>Running AU3Check...C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat

>AU3Check Ended. No Error(s).

>Running: (3.1.1.87):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\test.au3"

>AutoIT3.exe ended.

>Exit code: 0 Time: 2.590

• Developers

It is AU3Check which generates the error so that means you haven't kept up-to-date B)

Download the latest SciTE4AutoIt3 and all should be fine....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)