Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AutoitMike

WinSetTitle not working Win7

10 posts in this topic

I saw a post dated 2013 about WinSetTitle not working in Win7 64bit. No answer there for me.

I am trying to set the title of a window, the function returns success and the title is changed for about 50 ms and then reverts back to its original value.

#RequireAdmin makes no difference in operation.

I have tried using the handle, the title and the class to define the window. Operation is the same for all three ways.

EG:

WinSetTitle("Old Title", "", "New Title")

WinSetTitle("[Class:Class name]","","New Title")

WinSetTitle(handle,"","New Title")

;=======================================================================================

All functions report success.

WinActivate("PxxCXpbHG", "Text")
WinSetTitle("PxxCXpbHG ", "Text","New title")

$M1=WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]","")
sleep (100)
$M2=WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]","")

MsgBox(0,"", $M1 & "  " & $M2) ;------------------> "New Title"  "PxxCXpbHG"

If I change Sleep to 50 , then it is "New Title", "New Title" so somewhere between 50 and 100 ms it gets changed back,but by what??

Thanks for any help in this matter.

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Works for me, what program are you trying to rename?

del.PNG

del.PNG

Edited by rcmaehl

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

MY PROJECTS

Active: IRC UDF
Discontinued: GithubBubbleSort UDF

Its a propitiatory inspection reporting program called HomeGauge.

You can download a trial version.

10 minutes ago, AutoitMike said:

Its a propitiatory inspection reporting program called HomeGauge.

You can download a trial version.

Work PC won't let me install it, I'll take a look at it tonight and see what's up.

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

MY PROJECTS

Active: IRC UDF
Discontinued: GithubBubbleSort UDF

Thanks a Billion

After installing , Put the attached file under C:------------------>\HMA-HomeGauge\Templates.

Then open HomeGauge, select the template you installed and enter a first and last name for Client.

You will see in the title bar "PCXpbHG - Smith, Bob" as the title bar name.

Thanks again :)

JC Edits of Master Ver 2014-11-06.ht5

rcmaehl,

I think it might be futile to change the title bar text.

The title bar gets reset every time a new section is selected. I am going to have to get the authors of the program to put the value I need in the title bar.

Otherwise, I would have to have a program running in the background monitoring multiple instances of this program keeping the respective title bars updated.

What i am looking to do is to put the report number as an addition to the existing text or to replace what is in the title bar so that 2 or more reports for the same client produce unique window titles.

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

Seems, this is a behaviour from the app you want to automate, which also uses a feature to change titlebar text. Use a adlib func with short time (maybe 50 ms) to set the text you need.

But title changing don't change the Hwnd returned from WinActivate. So i suggest read about:

• Window Titles and Text (Basic)

• Window Titles and Text (Advanced)

in helpfile. The Hwnd can be used for (all?) most Win* functions for example WinWaitActive. And each from your instances have his own Hwnd.

Edited by AutoBert

Interesting function, Adlib. However, I just got a brainstorm.

Once ANY window is created in windows, under no circumstance, the window handle is duplicated, right ?

Once an instance of the application is opened, I can grab its handle, store it in my automation app. and use it to select the correct window when needed?

#10 ·  Posted

Both correct!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• imitto
      Script not working if run from shortcut
      By imitto
      Hello all!
      I was in read-only until today, started to use Autoit 3 weeks ago. It can really make things easy, I really love it
      I have some script now that works and make our job effective, but I have problems with the latest. It works if I open the script's folder and run the exe directly. If I use the shortcut that I created on the desktop, it's not working properly. Activates the window, but not opening/exporting my files, just opens the last msgbox. I use ftp becouse the PC and the destination PC is not on the same network.
      Here's the script:
      #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=..\microsoft_excel.ico #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=send file over ftp #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=send file over ftp for process #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Language=1038 #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=requireAdministrator #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.3.14.2 Author: imitto Script Function: Rename and put playlist file on ftp #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #RequireAdmin #include <File.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <FTPEx.au3> ; Script Start Global $playlistname=@YEAR&@MON&@MDAY&"-playlist.pll" BlockInput($BI_DISABLE) Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) WinActivate("MAIN SCHED") WinWaitActive("MAIN SCHED") ;Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 1) Send("!fo") WinWaitActive("Open") Send("Z:\playlist\"&$playlistname&"{ENTER}") Sleep(2000) Send("!fe") WinWaitActive("MCon") Send("{ENTER}") WinWaitActive("Save") Send("C:\sendFileForXLS\lista.txt{ENTER}") Sleep(500) Send("!fc") BlockInput($BI_ENABLE) Sleep(50) Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 1) Local $hOpen = _FTP_Open('MyFTP Control') $ftp=_FTP_Connect($hOpen, "**********", "******", "******") If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '_FTP_Connect', 'ERROR=' & @error) Else _FTP_FilePut($ftp, @ScriptDir&"\lista.txt", "/lista.txt") EndIf Local $iFtpc = _FTP_Close($hOpen) FileDelete(@ScriptDir&"\lista.txt") MsgBox(0, "", "Playlist exported", 2) Exit  
    • meows
      Is there a issue With filesettime/filegettime and win7 fileproperties time? all are different
      By meows
      no web server atm. so the win7 file properties images I can't show you but they are totally different from the variables I am getting..But then I am just guesstamating the code needed from any and all sources i can find to just get the Minutes difference between 2 files.
      I can touch the files to change anything, but can't get the value to use it and using FilesetTime/ only works with the Help code. and it is way over my head. I have searched the web looking for a step by step but it's all in arrays that array me.
      The FileSetTime
      ;Modified help file #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> $sFilePath=("C:\file1.txt") Local $iFileSetTime = FileSetTime($sFilePath, "20031101121101"  )     ; Display the modified timestamp of the file and return as a string in the format YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.     If $iFileSetTime Then        ; MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Timestamp:" & @CRLF & FileGetTime($sFilePath, $FT_ACCESSED, 2  ))  RETURNS Timestamp:     ;   MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Timestamp:" & @CRLF & FileGetTime($sFilePath, 2  ))                  RETURNS Timestamp:       ; MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Timestamp:" & @CRLF & FileGetTime($sFilePath, "YYYYMMDDHHMMSS"  ))  RETURNS Timestamp:       ; MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Timestamp:" & @CRLF & FileGetTime($sFilePath, $FT_MODIFIED, 1))       RETURNS Timestamp:       The only one that returns Anything is the last one and it returns the whole string..Timestamp:20031101121101  ; RETURNS  Timestamp:20031101121101      File Properties accessed time and date ?Saturday, ?November ?01, ?2003, ??1:01:00 AM File EndIf changed created date but displays YYYYMMDDHHMMSS"
      So I got creative and after /////..... and more of that got this to work.. "Kinda"
      #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=TimeCK.exe #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=21 #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=requireAdministrator #AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=n #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include<File.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <Constants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #Include <Date.au3> ;change file.au3's "modified" timestamp to 1st Nov 2003 and current time ;Local $var = FileSetTime("file.au3", "20031101") ;Local $iFileSetTime = FileSetTime($sFilePath, "20031101", $FT_MODIFIED) ;Local $iFileSetTime = FileSetTime("c:\2a.jpg", "20031101", 1) ;change file.au3's "modified" timestamp to 1st Nov 2003 and current time ;Local $v = FileSetTime(@ScriptDir &"\00\2a.jpg", "20031101", 1) Local $v = FileSetTime(@ScriptDir &"\00\2a.jpg", "2003110120031101121101", 1) If Not @error Then    ; Local $HHMMSS =  $v[0] & "/" &  $v[1] & "/" &  $v[2]      Local $MMss =  ($v )     MsgBox(0, "Creation date of 2a", $MMss) EndIf Local $t = FileGetTime(@ScriptDir & "\00\Files\core\2a.jpg", 1) ;HH:MM:SS If Not @error Then ;      Local $hhmms = $t[0] & "/" & $t[1] & "/" & $t[2]     Local $mm = $t[1]     MsgBox(0, "time change", $mm) ;Local $t = FileGetTime("c:\2a.jpg", 1) ;HH:MM:SS ;If Not @error Then ;      Local $hhmms = $t[0] & "/" & $t[1] & "/" & $t[2]  ;   Local $mm = $t[2]   ;  MsgBox(0, "Creation date of notepad.exe", $mm) EndIf The issue is it gives 3 totally different times for the Minute.. I only want the minute difference.
      the "Creation date of 2a" tag gives a 0 minute value==and in 3 hours now it still gives the 0 minute value
      the "time change" tag gives a 28 minute value ==== and in 3 hours now it still gives the 28 minute value
      Win7 "File Properties" tag gives
      ?Sunday, ?June ?22, ?2014, ??1:11:42 PM   ------------FileSetTime(@ScriptDir &"002a.jpg", "2003110120031101121101", 1)
      Saturday, ?June ?28, ?2014, ??3:05:36 PM
      Sunday, ?June ?22, ?2014, ??1:11:42 PM

Saturday, ?November ?01, ?2003, ??7:03:11 PM --------------------FileGetTime(@ScriptDir & "00Filescore2a.jpg", 1)
      Saturday, ?June ?28, ?2014, ??3:05:36 PM
      ?Today, ?June ?30, ?2014, ??5 minutes ago   

U know I think I learned more in the two hours it took to write this very bad dissertation of the issue. Researching everything I wanted to say and try to explain the steps took to get the results.
    • Kovacic
      Windows 7 Auto Login with credentials
      By Kovacic
      Simple script that took me about 15 minutes. I built it for a friend but thought someone else could use it..
      Just make sure you compile it as 64bit if you have a 64bit system which most of you using windows 7 do.
      #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=HWandHank.ico #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.3.10.2 Author: Mike Kovacic Script Function: Set windows 7 to auto login using provided credentials. * This must be compiled as x64 to work. #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $MuhApp = GUICreate("Set Autologon", 309, 127, 212, 132) $Username = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 8, 16, 153, 21) $Password = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 8, 48, 153, 21) $Domain = GUICtrlCreateInput(@ComputerName, 8, 80, 153, 21) $Set = GUICtrlCreateButton("Set Autologon", 176, 24, 123, 25) $REmove = GUICtrlCreateButton("Remove Autologin", 176, 56, 123, 25) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $set setautoadminlogin() Case $remove removeautologin() EndSwitch WEnd Func setautoadminlogin() $a = 0 If RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa", "LmCompatabilityLevel", "REG_DWORD", "2") then $a += 1 If RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "AutoAdminLogon", "REG_SZ", "1") then $a += 1 If RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "ForceAutoLogon", "REG_SZ", "1") then $a += 1 If RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultUserName", "REG_SZ", guictrlread($username)) then $a += 1 If RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultPassword", "REG_SZ", guictrlread($Password)) then $a += 1 If RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultDomainName", "REG_SZ", guictrlread($Domain)) then $a += 1 If $a = 6 then MsgBox(64,"Success!","Autologon has been set.") else MsgBox(16,"Oops!","Autologon could not be set. Make sure you are a local Admin.") endif EndFunc ;==>setautoadminlogin Func removeautologin() $b = 0 If RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "AutoAdminLogon", "REG_SZ", "0") then $b += 1 If RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "ForceAutoLogon", "REG_SZ", "0") then $b += 1 If RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultUserName") then $b += 1 If RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultPassword") then $b += 1 If RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultDomainName") then $b += 1 If RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa", "LmCompatabilityLevel") then $b += 1 If $b = 6 then MsgBox(64,"Success!","Autologon has been removed.") else MsgBox(16,"Oops!","Autologon could not be removed. Either Autologin was not set or you are not a local Admin.") endif EndFunc ;==>removeautologin Enjoy.
    • DatMCEyeBall
      _WinAPI_DrawShadowText
      By DatMCEyeBall
      I'm trying to make a "sheet of glass" with shadow text drawn on it, the problem is that the shadow isn't transparent at all. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing wrong -  being a noob with the WinAPI stuff.   Screen-shot:   Here's the script: ; Requires AutoIT beta 3.3.9.21 or newer #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=Beta #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <WinAPIGdi.au3> If Not _WinAPI_DwmIsCompositionEnabled() Then MsgBox(BitOR(16, 4096), 'Error', 'Script requires Windows Vista or later with enabled Aero theme.') Exit EndIf Global Const $STM_SETIMAGE = 0x0172 Global Const $STM_GETIMAGE = 0x0173 Global $hDarkBK = GUICreate("Dark background", 400, 40, -1, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE)) GUISetBkColor(0) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Global $hGUI = GUICreate("DWM Test", 300, 20, -1, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)) GUISetBkColor(0) _WinAPI_DwmExtendFrameIntoClientArea($hGUI) Global $Pic = GUICtrlCreatePic('', 0, 0, 300, 20) Global $hPic = GUICtrlGetHandle($Pic) Global $tRECT = _WinAPI_GetClientRect($hPic) Global $Width = DllStructGetData($tRECT, 3) - DllStructGetData($tRECT, 1) Global $Height = DllStructGetData($tRECT, 4) - DllStructGetData($tRECT, 2) Global $hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC($hPic) Global $hDestDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC) Global $hBitmap = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmap($hDC, $Width, $Height) Global $hDestSv = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hDestDC, $hBitmap) Global $hSrcDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC) Global $hSource = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmapEx($hDC, $Width, $Height, _WinAPI_SwitchColor(_WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_3DFACE))) Global $hSrcSv = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hSrcDC, $hSource) Global $hFont = _WinAPI_CreateFont(20, 0, 0, 0, $FW_NORMAL, 0, 0, 0, $DEFAULT_CHARSET, $OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, $CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, $ANTIALIASED_QUALITY, $DEFAULT_PITCH, 'Arial') _WinAPI_SelectObject($hSrcDC, $hFont) _WinAPI_DrawShadowText($hSrcDC, "Why is the shadow not transparent?", 0xFFFFFF, 0x000000, 3, 3, $tRECT) _WinAPI_BitBlt($hDestDC, 0, 0, $Width, $Height, $hSrcDC, 0, 0, $MERGECOPY) _WinAPI_ReleaseDC($hPic, $hDC) _WinAPI_SelectObject($hDestDC, $hDestSv) _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hDestDC) _WinAPI_SelectObject($hSrcDC, $hSrcSv) _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hSrcDC) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hSource) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hFont) ; Set bitmap to control _SendMessage($hPic, $STM_SETIMAGE, 0, $hBitmap) Global $hObj = _SendMessage($hPic, $STM_GETIMAGE) If $hObj <> $hBitmap Then _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBitmap) EndIf GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Global $nMsg While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() If $nMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then Exit WEnd  
    • odexed
      HotkeySet & Windows 7
      By odexed
      Hello, why this code doesn't work in some versions of windows 7?
      HotkeySet(Chr(0x27),"func1") Func func1() MsgBox(0,"test","hello") EndFunc While True Sleep(10) WEnd When I press ' i should get a messagebox window but i don't.