dreivilo47

[Solved] WinMenuSelectItem doesn't work with my Dutch Notepad

dreivilo47

I have a Dutch version of Windows 10.
The Dutch word for "File" = "Bestand" and for "Page Setup" = "Pagina-instelling".
WinMenuSelectItem doesn't select this items.  What can be the reason?

Run("notepad.exe")
WinWaitActive("[CLASS:Notepad]")
WinMenuSelectItem("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", "Bestand", "Pagina-instelling...")
Sleep(4000)
WinClose("[CLASS:Notepad]")

Edited by dreivilo47

JLogan3o13

@dreivilo47 look again at the example script in the help file. Notice the & symbol in front of the menu item...

• Like 1

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

dreivilo47

@JLogan3o13, thank you for your reply.
You're right, I forgot the & symbol twice.  Sorry for that.
I've corrected it and it works!

Run("notepad.exe")
WinWaitActive("[CLASS:Notepad]")
WinMenuSelectItem("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", "&Bestand", "Pagina-ins&telling...")
Sleep(4000)
WinClose("[CLASS:Notepad]")

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• dwaynek
      By dwaynek
      traytip isn't working in windows 10. nothing happens when i use the Traytip command.
      here's a simple script i used:
      TrayTip("I'm a title", "I'm the message", 5) i tried changing the registry setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced ( which didn't have EnableBalloonTips) and creating a DWORD entry called EnableBalloonTips and setting it to 1 and logging off then back in. that did not resolve the problem.
      i'm running Windows 10 v1709 b16299.431
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      Run("notepad.exe") GLOBAL $One = ('Line1' & _ 'Line2' & _ 'Line3' & _ 'Line4' & _ 'Line5') ClipPut($One) $Notepad = WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10) ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "", ("^v")) Instead of having this paste as Line1Line2Line3Line4Line5
      How can I make it paste it into notepad as (without double spacing.)
      Line1
      Line2
      Line3
      Line4
      Line5
    • antonioj84
      By antonioj84
      Hi all to the forum guru and expert I am trying to  automate this. in the registry  I have the network profile name network 2 and network   I want to  change their  CATEGORY  to Private .  Can someone lead me in the right direction.
      Private is 1 and Public is 0
      #RequireAdmin Global $sHKLMRoot = @OSArch = "x64" ? "HKLM64" : "HKLM" RegWrite($sHKLMRoot &"\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\NewNetworks" ,'/v NetworkList /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d 00000000 /f') see  attached picture below
      Much appreaciate

• PhoenixPRO
      By PhoenixPRO
      When I try to automate this install program I can not get any of the buttons to click with the "ControlClick" function or any mouse movement to move the mouse to the and click it.  My OS is Windows 10 64Bit.  I have tried both 32bit and 64bit installs of Autoit V3 to no avail.
      I could not even get the run command to start the program until I used the variation of the command below in the script.
      With the script below the install program starts but will not click the "Next" button no matter what I do.
      Any help will be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks in advance.

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
      Opt("MouseCoordMode", 0) ;1=absolute, 0=relative to active window, 2=client
      Local $Success
      Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'C:\PhoenixPro_Install\RDXUtil\RDX_Tools_setup.exe', "C:\PhoenixPro_Install\RDXUtil", @SW_HIDE )

WinWait("RDX Tools 1.62 - InstallShield Wizard", "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for RDX Tools 1.62")
      WinActivate("RDX Tools 1.62 - InstallShield Wizard", "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for RDX Tools 1.62")
      ControlClick ("RDX Tools 1.62 - InstallShield Wizard", "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for RDX Tools 1.62", 1639, "left", 1) ;Next Button
    • TheWizEd
      By TheWizEd
      How do I work with 2D arrays.  I've tried this but get errors.
      Local $aTest[4][4] = [[1,2,3,4],[5,6,7,8],[9,10,11,12],[13,14,15,16]]
      ;$aTest[0][] = [10,11,12]  ; Error at []
      Local $sTest = ""
      For $i = 0 To UBound($aTest)-1
        Local $aExtract = _ArrayExtract($aTest,$i,$i)
        $sTest = $sTest & MyTest($aExtract)
      Next
      Func MyTest($aTemp)
        _ArrayDisplay($aTemp)
        ; Error at    v $aTemp
        Return String($aTemp[0]) & " - " & String($aTemp[1]) & " - " & String($aTemp[2]) & @CRLF
      EndFunc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.