Find Corrupt Video Files

ken82m

Okay this isn't 100% AutoIT related but I was hoping someone would have an idea. I have a folder structure with various video formats  FLV,  AVI,  MPG, MKV,  MP4 etc....

I had a RAID array die on my and I recovered most data but I'd say maybe 15 or 20 percent of the files scattered through the folder structure either won't open. I'm trying to find a tool I can use as is or a tool I can automate with AU3 to identify those files.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys,

Kenny

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

This thread is interesting:

http://superuser.com/questions/100288/how-can-i-check-the-integrity-of-a-video-file-avi-mpeg-mp4

I tried the ffmpeg approach (as I had ffmpeg installed anyway) and it works like a charm.

Of course you could write any AutoIt automation you want around that, but I don't see any added value, especially if your windows cmd and/or powershell fu is adequate :) 

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Very true ;) 

Thanks a lot.

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."