metering app... questions...

Scribble

Hi,

I'm writing a software-license metering app that should be hidden from the taskbar (and tray-area), but does show a message-box to the "declined-user" regarding users/machines/startup-date&time that are running the licensed app concurrently. If there are enough licenses (checked by an ini file on the server), it will start the licensed app normally and log user/pc/time info in another ini (per app) file on the server. If the licensed app is closed it will remove that info (so the total amount of "slots" decreases). I'm still thinking about the possibility when the app crashes (or power failure) and the count is not decreased automatically. (if anyone has any ideas let me know..., app-file-server is running samba on linux). Clients are running Windows (9x,nt,2k,xp)

1) There's a tool to hide any window called cmdow.exe (with /HID parameter), but I was wondering if I could just do this with autoit itself (so it won't show itself)... Anyone?

2) Also, can you guys point me to a good autoit program (to use as an example) that processes commandline parameters and/or an .ini file.

Thank you!

Edited by Scribble

Hi,

I'm writing a software-license metering app that should be hidden from the taskbar (and tray-area), but does show a message-box to the "declined-user" regarding users/machines/startup-date&time that are running the licensed app concurrently.

Just use #NoTrayIcon to hide the systray icon.

1) There's a tool to hide any window called cmdow.exe (with /HID parameter), but I was wondering if I could just do this with autoit itself (so it won't show itself)... Anyone?

I know of cmdow. It hides command console windows. It is not required when using AutoIt. @SW_HIDE macro helps to achieve this within AutoIt's functions. Running a bat/cmd file with AutoIt shows no flicker like cmdow does.

Example:

RunWait('file.bat', '', @SW_HIDE)

or if required:

WinSetState('Title', 'Text', @SW_HIDE)

2) Also, can you guys point me to a good autoit program (to use as an example) that processes commandline parameters and/or an .ini file.

Plenty of examples in Scripts and Scraps forum. I am unsure of the best example for your needs to point to.