_IEAttach in FF and Chrome

Seminko

Heya,

I have a script that I made quite a while back to get contents of a site and sort it out. At that time 99% of users in my company used IE, however since then our company added also FF and Chrome for to be able to download so people are naturally leaving IE.

So my question is:

is there an equivalent of _IEAttach and _IETableGetCollection function from IE.au3 for FF and Chrome? Found a FF UDF but at first glance couldn't find such function. Btw, tried with Inet.au3 and INetGetSource but since the site is ASPX based the only thing I get is a "Login expired" code.

Thanks,

Seminko

12 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

Yes, there's a FF UDF and I believe a Chrome UDF.

For FF, you probably are looking for _FFWindowSelect and _FFTabSetSelected.

I read you need a special addon like extension for FF. I won't be able to install it at work.

Then you'll have to use IE, maybe use _IECreate with the $iVisible parameter set to 0 so it doesn't show on the screen.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

A bit of background might help here

IE is easy to work with in autoit because it has a (com/ole/activex) object that can be accessed / used system wide. IE was MADE to be embedded and accessed through standardized, windows-wide api's. (some other programs support this, like many versions of adobe acrobat / microsoft office programs, among others)

Chrome on the other hand was designed to be sandboxed and secure. It wasn't meant to be embedded in other programs or accessed that way. I am not saying it CAN'T be done, but it isn't as open to that source of access, and might require a plugin on the browser-side or some extra plugins / external C code on the AutoIt side.

I don't use firefox but it is likely a similar story as Chrome

TL:DR if you want it to be 

• Simple
  • supported
  • plug-and-play between computers (more or less)

then use IE and the built-in _IE functions. The help documentation and examples will bring you most of the way to what you want, and it's been thoroughly tested and refined. IE is included as a core component of windows and therefore will be guaranteed to be present, where chrome and firefox may or may not be present.

While possible to use firefox or chrome, chances are each computer you use it on will need some setup required.

Edited by corgano

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e