laurin1

EnvUpdate() - Windows 10 - 5 Minute Delay

4 posts in this topic

There are other similar posts on this issue, but none seem to be exactly like my issue. My script is run on 8-9 machines. Some of them work fine, but at least 2 (both Windows 10 Pro x64), when I call EnvUpdate(), it hangs for 5 minutes. What in the world? I have other Win 10 machines that work fine and I have Server 2008 machines that it works fine. Any suggestion on how to fix that issue?

Keith Davis

MCSA, ZCE, A+, N+

http://www.laurinkeithdavis.com

is there anything common about those two machines?  Do they have unique roles, features, or applications?  (thinking that they may have populated the environment variables with ridiculousness or out to network resources, and you are waiting for a timeout).

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Are the environment variables the same on all of the machines? And do the same ones hang every time? I've never had to deal with this myself, but I did a quick search and found a UDF _EnvUpdate() in this post that could possibly help if you haven't seen it already. It seems to call the .dll directly instead of going through AutoIt's function.

UHJvZmVzc2lvbmFsIENvbXB1dGVyZXI=

4 minutes ago, iamtheky said:

is there anything common about those two machines?  Do they have unique roles, features, or applications?  (thinking that they may have populated the environment variables with ridiculousness or out to network resources, and you are waiting for a timeout).

Yes, but we have 5 machines (plus at least one VM) that all are configured about the same and only 2 of them  have this problem.

6 minutes ago, anthonyjr2 said:

Are the environment variables the same on all of the machines? And do the same ones hang every time? I've never had to deal with this myself, but I did a quick search and found a UDF _EnvUpdate() in this post that could possibly help if you haven't seen it already. It seems to call the .dll directly instead of going through AutoIt's function.

Similar, but not identical. I'll check out the UDF.

New wrinkle, a restart fixes the issues temporarily, then at some point, the issue starts again.

Keith Davis

MCSA, ZCE, A+, N+

http://www.laurinkeithdavis.com