Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drathod

Where to start from

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

Hi AutoIT users,

I have a quick questions. our company has windows based client used to capture data. I have got a project to automate this windows client. I am now confused, where to start with and what tool to pick up. How autoIT is better than other tools?

#2 ·  Posted

@drathod Giving you a definitive answer as to why AutoIt would beat all other tools is a bit of a broad undertaking, especially given the short description you have given. I can  give you some of the benefits of AutoIt, which you can compare against other tools you may be considering:

• Designed to interact with the Windows API, so most anything you would want to do in Windows can be done.
  • A Basic-like syntax that is very easy to pick up, even for those new to the language or non-scripters.
  • Can compile to small, self-contained executables that can run on all modern versions of Windows without need for downloading runtimes or additional libraries.
  • A very large, active community with hundreds of volunteers that devote their time to answering questions that may come up as you begin your scripting experience.
1 person likes this

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!