Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TuMiM

RunAsSet profile

2 posts in this topic

I have a script that I created to upgrade machines to Office 2003. There are a lot of users that do not have admin rights to the machines to install it though. So i created the script to check for admin rights and if they don't then runasset with admin rights. The script works perfectly but the problem is that the install runs under the admin users profile and when you start up office as the actual user it has to go through the usual office setup (2 minutes and no prompts etc) but i would like to get office to install within the logged on users profile which bypasses all of that setup. Is there a way to runas an admin user in another users profile?

I have similar problem. I have a script run in domain. When the users login with a generic account (No Admin permission), the script will activate the RunAsSet() function to 'runas' an Admin account which is transparency to the users. The problem is once runas Admin account, the profile will change. What I want is when users login with a generic account, it loads the current profile as normal. This current profile don't change even though it runas Admin account.

I did set the RunAsSet parameter to 0 and 1 respectively, but it doesn't help. If the parameter set to 0, it do not load the profile, the @UserProfileDir = "c:\documents and settings\Dafult user. If the parameter set to 1, it loads the profile but the @UserProfileDir = "c:\documents and settings\Admin. These are not I want. I would like to have

@UserProfileDir = "c:\documents and settings\generic" even when it is running inside RunAsSet() function.

Appreicate if anybody can help!