faldo

Custom performance counters

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Howdy,
I'm using a monitor suit to read performance counters in windows server and trigger alarms depending on their value. One example is the disk counters that i use to warn if the disks are getting full.
Unfortunatly, the monitor suit i'm using can only read the counters and trigger on a certain percentage of the value. Since "free disk space" is relative to how big the disk is, a percentage just won't cut it. I would like to create a new performance counter that uses an algorith to present a better value than percentage.
So, my question is, is it possible to create a new performance counter that gets fed with information from an autoit script?

Edited by faldo

#2 ·  Posted

@faldo if you're asking whether you can create an AutoIt script to track disk usage better than a simple % then the answer is of course yes. If you're asking how to create a new Data Collector Set fed with information from a script, I think that would be better suited to a Windows forum. If you Google it you'll see that it can be done, although I have only ever seen it done with Powershell.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Thanks for your reply!
I'm asking if there is a way for autoit to create a performance counter and then update that counter. In other words, have you (or anyone else) seen or know of a method, maybe thourough some WinAPI?
I found a script by Ascend4nt that is able to read the counters so i presume that's not a problem.
Cheers!

Edited by faldo