lattey

autoit: ignore the sensitive Case

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

i have filename that i get from setting file . for example, 8889_1_ER_R1_P1_R34.
i need to get the file from certain folder by referring the filename butt without the P1 part. soo, the folder name will be 8889_1_ER_R1_R34. the 8889_1_ER_R1_P1_R34 file will be in the sub folder of 8889_1_ER_R1_R34. my code is as below:

$getname = StringSplit( $Prog, "_")

$folder = $getname[1] & "_" & $getname[2] & "_" & $getname[3] & "_" &  $getname[4] & "_" &  $getname[6]

$path = "c:\users" & $folder & "\programs\"  & $Prog & ".exe"

but the problem i have is the sub folder name is either programs, Programs, pRograms, and etc as long its the name is program.
    how can i ignore either upper case or lower case as long the folder name programs?

thanks

#2 ·  Posted

@lattey have you actually tried it? Windows will not allow two folders at the same level regardless of the case. So if you try adding a folder programs, then a folder ProgRams, it will not let you. This script opens the same folder, regardless of the case:

ShellExecute(@UserProfileDir & "\programs")
ShellExecute(@UserProfileDir & "\Programs")
ShellExecute(@UserProfileDir & "\pRograms")
ShellExecute(@UserProfileDir & "\proGrams")
ShellExecute(@UserProfileDir & "\prograMs")
ShellExecute(@UserProfileDir & "\programS")

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#3 ·  Posted

sorry.. i didnt try it.. i thought it it will be same with linux platform. thank you for clarify.

#4 ·  Posted

Just an FYI, It will typically take you less time to try something for yourself than it does to post a question. And you are a lot less likely to get help from forum members if you show a pattern of "i didnt try it".

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!