Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kpu

Use AutoIt to compress Files

5 posts in this topic

I've created a script that exports a bunch of registry keys and I'm tring to figure out a way to zip them up using wild crads such as *.reg. I've played with 7-zip, but it won't work unless it's installed. Is there a way to do this using Autoit?

Basically I'm looking for a compression tool to zip files with the ablitity to use wild cards and set a password if possible. Anyone have any ideas? :P

I've created a script that exports a bunch of registry keys and I'm tring to figure out a way to zip them up using wild crads such as *.reg. I've played with 7-zip, but it won't work unless it's installed. Is there a way to do this using Autoit?

Basically I'm looking for a compression tool to zip files with the ablitity to use wild cards and set a password if possible. Anyone have any ideas? :P

Unless the makers of 7-Zip have drastically changed their program in the last 24 hours, you do not need to "install" 7-Zip. All you need is the executable, which you can #include in your script. I use 7-Zip in this way all of the time... literally, since I zip up SQL backup files nightly using AutoIt and 7-Zip.

Unless the makers of 7-Zip have drastically changed their program in the last 24 hours, you do not need to "install" 7-Zip. All you need is the executable, which you can #include in your script. I use 7-Zip in this way all of the time... literally, since I zip up SQL backup files nightly using AutoIt and 7-Zip.

I've copied the file(s) to a directory and try and run 7z.exe from the a dos line and I get the following error message:

Error:

There are no installed archive handlers

Any idea?

I've copied the file(s) to a directory and try and run 7z.exe from the a dos line and I get the following error message:

Any idea?

Uou must use 7za and not 7z

7za is commandline variant of it.

or try XZip.dll via Obj functionality - very simple AutoIt code!:

look here

Uou must use 7za and not 7z

7za is commandline variant of it.

or try XZip.dll via Obj functionality - very simple AutoIt code!:

look here

Thanks, I will look into you code. In the mean time I found another command line tool called sbc.exe from http://sbcarchiver.cjb.net that seems to be working quite well.

Thanks! :P