Trying to send start and stop command to OBS without the window popping up

I'm new to this whole thing and am having trouble figuring out how to record videos without OBS popping up when being sent a command. what I have for that part of the script so far is

WinActivate("OBS")

Send("{=}")

Sleep(12000)

Send("{-}")

Sleep(250)

Super simple cause I'm new but it works except for this one part .The keys "=" and "-" are just the hotkeys I selected for recording and the times are just random times, not final. All I want to do is send a command to play the video in full screen and then send the command to OBS to record and stop recording without having the big window pop up over the video I'm trying to record.

• Moderators

Moved to the correct forum, as the Dev Forum very clearly states:

Do not create AutoIt-related topics here, use the AutoIt General Help and Support

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

45 minutes ago, N0VEMBER said:

The OBS hotkeys from what I can tell don't have that function yet

I just downloaded the newest OBS Studio to test it. If you go to File->Settings->Hotkeys and set hotkeys for start and stop recording, it works fine even when the OBS window is in the background. Have you tried that?

UHJvZmVzc2lvbmFsIENvbXB1dGVyZXI=

Well I'm running duel monitors which worked that problem out but now there's a new one. This is my code

WinActivate("widowsmediaplayer")

MouseClick("Left",975,653)

sleep(100)

MouseClick("left",133,611)

sleep(100)

MouseMove(2355,704)

WinActivate("OBS")

Send("{=}")

Sleep(1260000)

send("{-}")

I'm getting "/ErrorStdOut" and instead of recording for the 21 minutes it will recorde three minutes. I'm trying to get it to recorde for 21 minutes and then hopefully be able to make it do that process continuously 21 times or however many times I tell it to but it doesn't even want to do it once. I am a noob so the obvious isn't obvious to me with this whole thing.