application ip

I've realized recently I've been going about my script all wrong. I have been using netstat to check a certain application's IP via the port it uses. This worked quite well, but there was a problem. If I started up the same application so I could have 2 running, it would not get the right IP I needed. I knew this would happen from the get go but I thought back then "Hey I can just use the local ports to check the IP to application!" Believe it or not I actually got that to work, and well it worked fine as long as you had everything perfect! So now I'm thinking I need the IP and the App to be exactley intertwined so there is no wrong IP's and room for some user error. The only problem is I'm not sure how to go about this. I have a feeling it will require DLL calls witch I'm not sure how to use. I know its possible.. I just need a kick in the right direction. Anyone want to lend a hand?

I've realized recently I've been going about my script all wrong. I have been using netstat to check a certain application's IP via the port it uses. This worked quite well, but there was a problem. If I started up the same application so I could have 2 running, it would not get the right IP I needed. I knew this would happen from the get go but I thought back then "Hey I can just use the local ports to check the IP to application!" Believe it or not I actually got that to work, and well it worked fine as long as you had everything perfect! So now I'm thinking I need the IP and the App to be exactley intertwined so there is no wrong IP's and room for some user error. The only problem is I'm not sure how to go about this. I have a feeling it will require DLL calls witch I'm not sure how to use. I know its possible.. I just need a kick in the right direction. Anyone want to lend a hand?

There may be other ways, but you may want to check out the Microsoft PortQry utility. Check out the output from PortQry -local -v

There is another interesting discussion here: How can I quickly find all the listening or open ports on my computer?

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble