Newbie to AutoIt3........needs a bit of help and advice.

I stumbled accross AutoIt3 when searching the internet trying to find a way to deploy Macromedia Studi0 8 to 750 workstations. i found the information below on www.appdeploy.com where a user had posted a way to deploy Studio 8 with Aut0It3.

I thne did a search on Google for AutoIt3 and found out what it was. I nstalled it on a XP Pro workstation and tried out the script below. It appears to work great. I noticed that if i uninstall AutoIt windows does not recognise the .au3 file extension.

My questions is :

If i install AutoIt3 on the Server that i deploy all my software through GPO that Runs AD, then put the script in a GPo to run in all workstations. Will it deploy to all my XP Pro workstations. Do i need AutoIt on my Xp Pro workstations before ii can deploy it. ( I would not think so but thought i would ask) Is ther eany where you can point me that gives me info on deploying through AD+GPO with AutoIt?

This is the details i found below.:

Posted 09 December 2005 08:01 AM

We had 2004 MX and now have Studio 8, Yes it does come with individual MSI packages for all the different parts of studio 8.

But you still can't do a straight forward install as with a normal msi file. You need to twaek it a bit because of the registration file.

The standard installation of Studio 8 does not allow you to install the application unattended. You can take specific files and place them in a folder together and build your own installer using an AutoIt3 script compiled into an exe along with your license and activation information.

You need the following files from the Studio 8 cd in the FSCOMMAND folder.

CT_3.0.1_PatchPackage.msp

CT_3.1.1_PatchPackage.msp

Data1.cab

Macromedia_Contribute_3.11.msi

Macromedia_Dreamweaver_8.msi

Macromedia_Extension_Manager.msi

Macromedia_Fireworks_8.msi

Macromedia_Flash_8.msi

Macromedia_Flash_8_Video_Encoder.msi

I renamed the files to have underscores (_) instead of spaces in the names to stop any potential installation issues. Copy these files to a folder on your system.

After you have put all of these in a directory you need to build your AutoIt3 script. Below is a copy of a working script.

-----------------------------

Begin Script

Break(0) ;Disable break

SplashTextOn ("Macromedia Studio 8", "The Macromedia Studio 8 installation is in progress. Please be patient.", 500, 18,-1,-1,-1,"","10","")

$val = RunWait("msiexec /qb! /i Macromedia_Dreamweaver_8.msi", "")

$val = RunWait("msiexec /qb! /i Macromedia_Extension_Manager.msi", "")

$val = RunWait("msiexec /qb! /i Macromedia_Fireworks_8.msi", "")

$val = RunWait("msiexec /qb! /i Macromedia_Flash_8.msi", "")

$val = RunWait("msiexec /qb! /i Macromedia_Flash_8_Video_Encoder.msi", "")

$val = RunWait("Msiexec /update CT_3.0.1_PatchPackage.msp /quiet", "")

$val = RunWait("msiexec /update CT_3.1.1_PatchPackage.msp /quiet", "")

$val = RunWait("msiexec /qb! /i Macromedia_Contribute_3.11.msi", "")

DirCopy("Macromedia", "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Macromedia", 1)

SplashOff()

MsgBox(0, "Macromedia Studio 8", "The Macromedia Studio 8 installation has completed successfully.")

------------------------------------

End Script

If you do not wish to have a confirmation dialog at the end you can remove the entry for:

MsgBox(0, "Macromedia Studio 8", "The Macromedia Studio 8 installation has completed successfully.")

The last step is to do an installation of the application and enter the serial number and activate it. Once you have done this you can copy the Macromedia folder out of:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

Include this directory in the same folder on your system as the other files listed above. After you have copied the Macromedia folder be sure to enter the directory and remove the "Flash 8" folder to cut down on copy time as it has nothing to do with the licensing of the product.

Move the main folder you created on your system to a network location and install it using the compiled AutoIt3 script.

You should now have a working product.

I stumbled accross AutoIt3 when searching the internet trying to find a way to deploy Macromedia Studi0 8 to 750 workstations. i found the information below on www.appdeploy.com where a user had posted a way to deploy Studio 8 with Aut0It3.

I thne did a search on Google for AutoIt3 and found out what it was. I nstalled it on a XP Pro workstation and tried out the script below. It appears to work great. I noticed that if i uninstall AutoIt windows does not recognise the .au3 file extension.

My questions is :

If i install AutoIt3 on the Server that i deploy all my software through GPO that Runs AD, then put the script in a GPo to run in all workstations. Will it deploy to all my XP Pro workstations. Do i need AutoIt on my Xp Pro workstations before ii can deploy it. ( I would not think so but thought i would ask) Is ther eany where you can point me that gives me info on deploying through AD+GPO with AutoIt?

This is the details i found below.:

Posted 09 December 2005 08:01 AM

We had 2004 MX and now have Studio 8, Yes it does come with individual MSI packages for all the different parts of studio 8.

But you still can't do a straight forward install as with a normal msi file. You need to twaek it a bit because of the registration file.

The standard installation of Studio 8 does not allow you to install the application unattended. You can take specific files and place them in a folder together and build your own installer using an AutoIt3 script compiled into an exe along with your license and activation information.

You need the following files from the Studio 8 cd in the FSCOMMAND folder.

CT_3.0.1_PatchPackage.msp

CT_3.1.1_PatchPackage.msp

Data1.cab

Macromedia_Contribute_3.11.msi

Macromedia_Dreamweaver_8.msi

Macromedia_Extension_Manager.msi

Macromedia_Fireworks_8.msi

Macromedia_Flash_8.msi

Macromedia_Flash_8_Video_Encoder.msi

I renamed the files to have underscores (_) instead of spaces in the names to stop any potential installation issues. Copy these files to a folder on your system.

After you have put all of these in a directory you need to build your AutoIt3 script. Below is a copy of a working script.

Begin Script

Break(0) ;Disable break

SplashTextOn ("Macromedia Studio 8", "The Macromedia Studio 8 installation is in progress. Please be patient.", 500, 18,-1,-1,-1,"","10","")

$val = RunWait("msiexec /qb! /i Macromedia_Dreamweaver_8.msi", "")

$val = RunWait("msiexec /qb! /i Macromedia_Extension_Manager.msi", "")

$val = RunWait("msiexec /qb! /i Macromedia_Fireworks_8.msi", "")

$val = RunWait("msiexec /qb! /i Macromedia_Flash_8.msi", "")

$val = RunWait("Msiexec /update CT_3.0.1_PatchPackage.msp /quiet", "")

$val = RunWait("msiexec /update CT_3.1.1_PatchPackage.msp /quiet", "")

$val = RunWait("msiexec /qb! /i Macromedia_Contribute_3.11.msi", "")

DirCopy("Macromedia", "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Macromedia", 1)

SplashOff()

End Script

If you do not wish to have a confirmation dialog at the end you can remove the entry for:

The last step is to do an installation of the application and enter the serial number and activate it. Once you have done this you can copy the Macromedia folder out of:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

Include this directory in the same folder on your system as the other files listed above. After you have copied the Macromedia folder be sure to enter the directory and remove the "Flash 8" folder to cut down on copy time as it has nothing to do with the licensing of the product.

Move the main folder you created on your system to a network location and install it using the compiled AutoIt3 script.

You should now have a working product.

on the machine with autoit installed, right click on the .au3 file, and choose 'Compile Script'. then you'll have an executable program that can be run on any windows machine, whether autoit is installed on the machine or not.