Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keelaji

Winmove not working on windows 10

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello,

first of all i searched in the forum but i didn't found any solution to my problem.

I am using windows 10.

I made a script that is supposed to change the title to the active window, resize it to the smallest size possible (should be around 800 x 600) and move to (0, 0).

I can change the title but i fail to do the other 2 tasks.

i use wingettitle [active] copied from the F1 help tool (and this works), i i put the title in a variable and than i use

winsettitle ($variable, "one") (this works too)

winmove ("one", 0, 0, 800, 600) (doesn't do anything)

i also tried

local $x = winget ( "one")

msgbox (0, "", $x) (i get a completely white box so i suppose winget can't have any data about my window ??)

any suggestion ?

Edited by keelaji

9 hours ago, Danp2 said:

I would suggest something like this --

$hWnd = WinGetHandle("[Active]")
WinSetTitle($hWnd, "new title")
WinMove($hwnd, "", 0, 0, 800, 600)

I tried this and it works, but not completly, it doesn't get resized, but it get moved to the top left corner. I have to double click on the window title to see it resized and i have a little spaze like 3-4 mm from the monitor left border to my window left border.

10 hours ago, Danp2 said:

I would suggest something like this --

$hWnd = WinGetHandle("[Active]")
WinSetTitle($hWnd, "new title")
WinMove($hwnd, "", 0, 0, 800, 600)

I tried this and it works, but not completly, it doesn't get resized, but it get moved to the top left corner. I have to double click on the window title to see it resized and i have a little spaze like 3-4 mm from the monitor left border to my window left border.

48 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

Have you tried using different values for the width and height parameters?

Is there a reason you aren't using WinSetState to maximize the window?

Please ignore the last post i updated the page and posted it twice.

i tried using another size yes, but no difference, it works but it doesn't resize immediatly the window.

im not so expert in the use of autoit, so no there is no specific reason why i am not using winsetstate.

i don't know what winsetstate does but i will check it when i will back home.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• TheWizEd
      By TheWizEd
      How do I work with 2D arrays.  I've tried this but get errors.
      Local $aTest[4][4] = [[1,2,3,4],[5,6,7,8],[9,10,11,12],[13,14,15,16]]
      ;$aTest[0][] = [10,11,12]  ; Error at []
      Local $sTest = ""
      For $i = 0 To UBound($aTest)-1
        Local $aExtract = _ArrayExtract($aTest,$i,$i)
        $sTest = $sTest & MyTest($aExtract)
      Next
      Func MyTest($aTemp)
        _ArrayDisplay($aTemp)
        ; Error at    v $aTemp
        Return String($aTemp[0]) & " - " & String($aTemp[1]) & " - " & String($aTemp[2]) & @CRLF
      EndFunc

• AndyK70
      By AndyK70
      I'm trying to fill a ListView with all normal viewable windows to act with them.
      First I tried with WinList:
      Local $aWinList = WinList("[REGEXPTITLE:(?i)(.+)]") Local $aTmp, $iID ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aWinList) For $i = $aWinList[0][0] To 1 Step -1 ; going backwards not disturbing the index while cycling through and deleting some If StringStripWS( $aWinList[$i][0], 3) == "" Or _ Not BitAND(WinGetState($aWinList[$i][1]), $WIN_STATE_VISIBLE) Or _ BitAND(WinGetState($aWinList[$i][1]), $WIN_STATE_MINIMIZED ) Then _ArrayDelete($aWinList, $i) Else ; Window has a Title and is "visible" $aTmp = WinGetPos($aWinList[$i][1]) If $aTmp[0] < -1000 Or $aTmp[1] < -1000 Then ; Window is minimized or tray icon _ArrayDelete($aWinList, $i) EndIf EndIf Next $aWinList[0][0] = UBound($aWinList)-1 ; getting actual # of windows ; Each row is now [ID]=> [Title], [hWnd] But it keeps getting Windows which are definitely not there at least not visible:

Those windows "Rechner", "Einstellungen", "Netflix", "Microsoft Store", ... are not there!?! 
      It should list only the first three windows, which are real.
      I even tried it with _WinAPI_ UDF:
      $hWnd = _WinAPI_GetForegroundWindow() ; Add items _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($idListview) If $hWnd <> 0 Then $iI = 0 Do If _WinAPI_IsWindow($hWnd) And _WinAPI_IsWindowVisible Then _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($idListview, WinGetTitle($hWnd)) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($idListview, $iI, $hWnd, 1) $iI += 1 $hWnd = _WinAPI_GetWindow($hWnd, $GW_HWNDNEXT) EndIf Until $hWnd = 0 EndIf But it is the same...

How can i distinguish those invisible windows from normal ones?
      PS: I'm using Windows 10, maybe it is important to know?
    • davidacrozier
      By davidacrozier
      Hello all ~
      I am running an autoit script on Windows 10 inside VMware Workstation 12 Pro version 12.5.2.  Technically I am remoting into ESXi which has a Domain Controller (DC), WebServer, FilServer, Windows 10, etc.  Using the GUI (i.e. running explorer.exe) I am able to open several different folders successfully.  The desktop, documents, USB external all open without issue.  The network share opening gives me issues.  Whenever I attempt to open \\filserver\users\user\sharedfolder I get the documents folder instead.  I understand that the documents folder is the default for explorer.  I have also attempted to use the letter drive mapped to the network share (Z:) and receive the same result.  When I run this script on Windows 10 alone without  the VM or the ESXi I am able to open the network share without problems.  I have tried to use the net use command to designate a letter M: to the network share folder prior to running the script.  This did not work for me.  
      One additional avenue I think might work is to use the systreeview321 and _GUICtrlTreeView_FindItem to step through the tree looking for the network share.  Once found,  double click on it and see if that opens the shared network folder.  I can click inside the VM with my mouse on the network share and it opens just fine.  Not sure if running up against GUI issues, or permission issues, or what?
      Thanks in advance,
      Davida Crozier
      TestNetworkShare.au3
      This script is a subset of a much larger program, but it illustrates what I am dealing with.

• MrMajorThorburn
      By MrMajorThorburn
      Using sample code:
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> ; Find a pure red pixel in the range 0,0-20,300
      Local $aCoord = PixelSearch(0, 0, 20, 300, 0xFF0000)
      If Not @error Then
          MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "X and Y are: " & $aCoord[0] & "," & $aCoord[1])
      Else
          MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Pure Not Found")
      EndIf ; Find a pure red pixel or a red pixel within 10 shades variations of pure red
      $aCoord = PixelSearch(0, 0, 20, 300, 0xFF0000, 10)
      If Not @error Then
          MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "X and Y are: " & $aCoord[0] & "," & $aCoord[1])
      Else
          MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Variant Not Found")
      EndIf   and the attached screenshot which has Pure Red (FF0000) in one icon in the area being searched. Would someone please check this out for me?
    • BBs19
      By BBs19
      Features:
      Create modern looking borderless and resizable GUIs with control buttons (Close,Maximize/Restore,Minimize, Fullscreen, Menu) True borderless, resizeable GUI with full support for aerosnap etc. Many color schemes/themes included. See MetroThemes.au3 for more details. 3 type of Windows 8/10 style buttons. Modern checkboxes, radios, toggles and progressbar. All buttons, checkboxes etc. have hover effects! Windows 10 style modern MsgBox. Windows 10/Android style menu that slides in from left. Windows 10 style right click menu  
      Credits: @UEZ, for the function to create buttons with text using GDIPlus. @binhnx for his SSCtrlHover UDF

Changelog:
      Download UDF with example: