Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skrip

Prgram Detection

11 posts in this topic

How can you have it check for a program...say internet explorer. have it just keep checking until it finds the program, then have it execute something.

(I did a search and got no help)

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

If FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe") Then MsgBox(0, "title", "Hey, I found Internet Explorer!")

Try with the helpfile next time.

Edited by erebus

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

:P

WinExists()

FileExists()

ProcessExists()

If/Then

Select/Case/EndSelect

Switch/Case/EndSwitch

Those things didn't help in your search?

Edited by SmOke_N

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Sorry for the bump, but I don't want to make a new thread.

I can't get the code to work, after 'Then' I want IE (Internet) to close please help!

If $answer = 4 Then
If FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe") Then WinClose
Edited by Firestorm

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

Errr... that's cuz you're not entirely sure if the Window exists??

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
If WinExists("- Microsoft Internet Explorer") Then WinClose("- Microsoft Internet Explorer")

or

If ProcessExists("iexplore.exe") Then ProcessClose("iexplore.exe")

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Thanks you that worked, is there any way to completly disconnect from the internet? (IE, Messagers, Games, EVERYTHING)

What I have:

Sleep(300)
If FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe") Then $answer = MsgBox(4, "Internet", "You are connected to the internet, continue?")
If $answer = 7 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Internet", "You are still connected to the internet.")
    Exit
EndIf

$answer = MsgBox(4, "Internet", "Do you want to disconnect from the internet?")
If $answer = 7 Then
    Exit
EndIf
If ProcessExists("iexplore.exe") Then ProcessClose("iexplore.exe")
Edited by Firestorm

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

a firewall?... lol just kidding... I don't know code for it personally, but I'm sure you could search around on how to lock the internet connection.

Edit:

If FileExists(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe") Then $answer = MsgBox(4, "Internet", "You are connected to the internet, continue?")

If $answer = 7 Then

Exit

EndIf

Just because they have the program Internet Explorer, doesn't neccesarily mean that they are connected to the internet :P.

Edited by SmOke_N

Just because they have the program Internet Explorer, doesn't neccesarily mean that they are connected to the internet

I know I changed my plans after a little bit, I just wanted to know if I was connected to internet (processexists or something like that) which I figured out no problem now I want to see if i'm commected to internet, if I am i want it to ask me if I want to disconnect, If I clicked yes then thats where I get the problem.

Someone will probably tell you how to do it with a ping or something... Good Luck!

good idea smoke

$var = Ping("www.AutoIt-ITS.com", 4000)
If $var Then
    MsgBox(0, "Status", "Online, roundtrip was: " & $var)
Else
    If @error = 0 Then $problem = "Network Errors Occured "
    If @error = 1 Then $problem = "Host is Off-Line "
    If @error = 2 Then $problem = "Host is Unreachable "
    If @error = 3 Then $problem = "Incorect Destination "
    If @error = 4 Then $problem = "Network Errors Occured "
    MsgBox(0, "Status", "An error occured with number: " & @error & @CRLF & $problem)
EndIf

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Simple Way to switch of internet is this

#include <Process.au3>
_RunDOS("ipconfig /release")

at least if you have a dchp address it works great