ur

How to read text of thirdparty apps tray icons

I need to read the status of OneDrive icon running in the taskbar and update the status in a log file.

2nd part I can complete :)

But the first part, how to read the status of tray menu icon.

Capture.PNG

I need the text above from the tray icon.

I looked into , but not that helpful.

I tried to see any logs it it.But not found. 
Can you suggest how to monitor this, any UDF?

On 12/13/2017 at 6:41 PM, Earthshine said:

You can use log4a.au3 then log everything you do. Log variclbles and their values, etc

search also for ProcessGetCpu udf here as well

THanks @Earthshine.
I got a code snippet in powershell for this.

I didn't tried your au3 file yet, as the powershell one is simple one line command.

Present, I am calling the powershell from my au3 file and waiting till the powershell code completes.

THis is the powershell library I am using.

https://github.com/rodneyviana/ODSyncService

THis is the code sample.
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/rodneyviana/2017/06/06/powershell-cmdlet-to-check-onedrive-for-business-or-onedrive-personal-status/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By argumentum
      So I'm coding in win 10, ..every thing looks nice but then I think, what about XP, ...ugly, but I make it pretty again, no problem. Lets check in Win 7 and here is my conundrum.
      Win 10, DRM is on, XP is off ( well, non-existant ), so far so good. I decide to make it the "switch" to enable or disable the checkbox in the context menu.
      Win 7 ... I try to apply the same logic and:
      DRM on:

DRM off:

now, "Windows 7 Basic": DRM is off

Question: how should I determine if to hide the check-mark or not?, Is there a way to know that this theme is ? or better yet, how can I know that the theme is classic ?
      Thanks
      PS: I know that the code is not here but I think that my trend of thought would make it irrelevant anyway.

• By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      I'm using UseTraySetIcon("shell32.dll", xx) to set my tray icon to a specific icon while running, is there a way I can specify this icon when I compile my script into an exe so my exe icon is the same?
      Thanks!
    • By 9252Survive
      Hello Guys, 
      Is there a way to have Auto it Exe messages/line number when you hover over the tray icon just at it shows when you run Au3.?
      For an example, if I the script has paused due to WinWait or Sleep I could hover over the icon and it shows the line where it's at. Is there a way to achieve the same with the compiled exe? 
      Many thanks for the help! 

• By jpujut
      I have a script that gets a list of visible windows and makes a tray item of each in the tray menu. I'd also want it to update every time I want to access that menu again, in case new windows have appeared or some would have been closed. I'm using TrayOnEventMode option and trying to get the update going with TraySetOnEvent($TRAY_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN...) as in the snippet below. However, the list doesn't update until after the tray menu has been closed again. I think I could work around this by having the script update the list constantly in the background, but that feels like it'd take up unnecessary amount of resources since the script might be used rarely by the user anyway. I tried using TraySetOnEvent($TRAY_EVENT_MOUSEOVER...), and that kind of does it, but it actually still calls my function many times (since the mouse cursor moves quite a bit on the icon) before the tray menu is opened. I could put another menuitem to call the update function, but I'd much rather have just the minimal amount of user actions. Similarly I could have tray menu open with a double click (with TraySetClick()) and have the first click just call the update function, but can anyone tell me if there's a way to call the update once and then have the menu open without these gimmicks?

Opt("TrayOnEventMode", 1) TraySetOnEvent($TRAY_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN, "UpdateWindowsList")  
    • By Rishav
      Hi
      Returning to AutoIt after a few years.
      I wanted to add a custom counter to the system tray.
      The long term plan is to add a simple monitor (could be another clock, cpu temp, cpu usage etc), but for now I just want to add a simple counter which increments by 1 every tick and resets to 0 after 1000.
      I tried searching but most relevant post seem to be over 5 years old.
      Can someone point me in the right direction?