FastGaming

PartyPooper

• Moderators

any chance of adding options to manually add programs and games?

I love it when they ask for 'You' to add options when the source code is readily available for them to do it themselves :lmao:

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I love it when they ask for 'You' to add options when the source code is readily available for them to do it themselves :lmao:

;) Yeah, I got a laugh out of it too.

@Ronin2040 - I doubt I will add a manual option anytime soon (if ever), because it's much easier if you want a game added, to just send me the following info (post in this thread, PM me or email via the Help menu in the game) and I will add it to the detection routine and release a new version (usually within an hour of receiving it):

Program Name (eg. 'Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion')

Registry entry pointing to the Program Executable (eg. for Star Wars Battlefront -

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\1.0

Value: Launcher)

Any command line options you'd want included (eg. for Quake 4 - "+set com_allowconsole 1 +disconnect")

Note: - if the registry doesn't contain a direct link to the program executable, then send me the registry entry pointing to the installation directory plus the location of the executable. Here are some examples to follow:

Quake 4

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\id\Quake 4

Value: InstallPath

Exe: "\Quake4.exe"

AOE2 Expansion

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires\2.0

Value: InstallationDirectory

Exe: "\age2_x1\age2_x1.Exe"

Sorry for the late response i've been busy for a while.

In the newest version it dosn't find any installed programs, games, launchers, etc.

Maybe you could add an option of instead of just "Stop services and speed up" just add a button of "Stop services and speed up"

Edited by killaz219

Sorry for the late response i've been busy for a while.

In the newest version it dosn't find any installed programs, games, launchers, etc.

Strange, it finds all mine and my sons. It now reads the registry for the installation directory and executable so it should find more, not less. Have a look at the source code and let me know if the registry locations I've used are correct for the games you've installed.

Maybe you could add an option of instead of just "Stop services and speed up" just add a button of "Stop services and speed up"

Not quite sure what you mean? In the latest version, there is an option under settings to automatically stop services for you (bypasses the stop services pop-up window). Do you mean you'd like to see an option to toggle whether the stop services pop-up window is shown or not?

Not quite sure what you mean? In the latest version, there is an option under settings to automatically stop services for you (bypasses the stop services pop-up window). Do you mean you'd like to see an option to toggle whether the stop services pop-up window is shown or not?

Oh I didn't see that. I was talking about the way it stops services before running the game to speed it up a little.

• 1 month later...