Sign in to follow this  
Miliardsto

AdlibRegister vs Timer

Is there any difference in timers and AdlibRegister ?

in :

• performance
  • usage
  • reliability
  • or any kind of difference

I want use few timers at once so it will make difference.

I have problem with timers and I saw AdlibRegister behaves similar like:

• wont stop
  • crashing
  • slowing program so much

maybe is there any trick to make it better?

AdLibRegister is used to run a function repeatedly, and this may slow the script down. As says the helpfile,
"The adlib function should be kept simple as it is executed often and during this time the main script is paused. "
Same thing using a timer

The only way I can think of to avoid this is to use AdLib (or timer) to run a 2nd script (which will not slow down the main script)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bilgus
      Apparently you can't use a function with variables for AdlibRegister
      Like you declare it with a variable even an optional one and it throws an error if you try and call it
      Thats ok though I figured out a hack using eval to get a better result
      Registered_Funct(250);Register Sleep(10000) Registered_Funct(-1);UnRegister Func Registered_Funct($iTime = -1) Local $i_Time = Eval("iTime") If $i_Time > 0 Then AdlibRegister("Registered_Funct", $i_Time) ElseIf $i_Time < 0 Then AdlibUnRegister("Registered_Funct") Else ConsoleWrite("Do Stuff") EndIf EndFunc
      Surely it has an impact on efficiency though...
    • By Miliardsto
      Hello I got errors and timers not work if I use any obfuscator(stripper). All code and things work great after obfuscate but functions with timers dont.
      -### StripOnly/StripFunc Error: Found DllCallbackRegister() statement using unsolvable Func, which will/could lead to removal of Funcs that are used by this Function.  
      Here are scripts U can try use stripper then functions would not work
      https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/_Timer_SetTimer.htm

Here is written I believe something on this topic https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/Au3Stripper.html

Could I do something with that? I got several functions with timers and I dont want use ignore these functions
      #Au3Stripper_Ignore_Funcs=  
    • By badcoder123
      Hey everyone,
      I've been messing around with some new things and adlibs look extremely useful/interesting, however, I can't seem to get it to work.. Here's what I have
      HotKeySet("{F1}", "_Exit") $qCount = 1 Global $_Timer AdlibRegister($_Timer, 1000) AdlibUnRegister($_Timer) While 1 SoundPlay(@WindowsDir & "\media\tada.wav", 1) $qCount += 1 ToolTip('"Tada" has been played ' & $qCount & " times",200,200) WEnd Func _Timer() Local Static $iCount += 1 ConsoleWrite($iCount) If $iCount = 20 Then ConsoleWrite("iCount is at " & $iCount) EndFunc Func _Exit() Exit EndFunc Basically I want it to call the _Timer function but it doesn't seem to work :/ any ideas?
    • By Miliardsto
      I do my timers like this by clicking checkbox function is called and timer is set up.
      There is a trouble cause I got so many Timers, 20 like this below and I can see if they is launched 5 timers program starts freezing and often crashing.
      I know it takes memory but is is right way to do timers like that or what should i do?
      Case $checkerSS If GUICtrlRead($CheckerOne) = 1 Then $ss = _Timer_SetTimer($Form1,4000,"checkScreen") Else _Timer_KillTimer ($Form1,$ss) EndIf Case $checkerPos If GUICtrlRead($DiscAlert) = 1 Then $disc = _Timer_SetTimer($Form1,20000,"checkPosition") Else _Timer_KillTimer ($Form1,$disc) EndIf Case $checkerVars If GUICtrlRead($AlertPlayerPos) = 1 Then $ap = _Timer_SetTimer($Form1,15000,"checkVars") Else _Timer_KillTimer ($Form1,$ap) EndIf  
    • By timmy2
      I'm writing a small prog that will run in the background and sound an alarm if a certain Gmail message arrives in an otherwise unused account.
      My inclination is to use a simple While/WEnd loop with a 5 minute Sleep between checking for messages, but I've seen examples here of somewhat similar background tasks that employ AdlibRegister so I'm curious which method is the most reliable and least impactful on the CPU.  Below are two simple scripts that begin to do what I want and represent how I think this could be handled.
      While/WEnd with Sleep
      #include <CheckMail.au3> Global $aReturn Global $iEmails While 1 $aReturn = CheckMail("username", "password") $iEmails = @extended If $iEmails > 0 ExitLoop Sleep(300000) ; check for new messages every 5 minutes WEnd ;work with contents of $aReturn array that contains the new message(s) found  
      While/WEnd with Sleep and AdlibRegister
      #include <CheckMail.au3> Global $aReturn Global $iEmails = 0 AdlibRegister('_CallCheckMail',300000) ; check for new messages every 5 minutes While 1 Sleep(500000) ; I had to put something here. Does higher the value = less CPU demand? If $iEmails > 0 ExitLoop WEnd ;work with contents of $aReturn array that contains the new message(s) found Func _CallCheckMail $aReturn = CheckMail("username", "password") $iEmails = @extended Return EndFunc