Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Viktoria

Copying xls files into icloud based treasury system

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

Hi AutoIt Community,

I would like to automate a task, copying excel files from my C drive to a Treasury System (Wallstreet/Citifinancials). First, I need to log in, then copy the files into the treasury system that has a similar folder structure to Windows Explorer (see attached). Is this something can be automated? Many thanks.

Automation.jpg

#2 ·  Posted

Yes

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#3 ·  Posted

Hi JLogan3o13, can you please navigate me to some basic functions/examples (similar scripts) that I can use to write the script? Lets assume the files sit on my C drive.

Steps #1: need to go to a specific https site

Step2 #1: enter login and password (citrix receiver is running on the pc)

Step#3: after log in, choose an icon on the screen, to see the above file structure (or even open folders on the tree)

Step#4: copy 4 files from the C drive to 4 specific folder under EnergyAustralia-share ( one of them is: Automated Services >Live >CBS Rates> Default - this is the path) 

#4 ·  Posted

@Viktoria you will find that the forum has a wonderful search function, you can also use Google. As a third option, you can search the online help file. If it is a straight copy to or from a website, a simple search of "http" under the functions section yields the functions that deal with internet traffic (InetGet, etc.). As it appears you're dealing with Citrix, a quick search of that reveals almost 600 results dealing with people automating Citrix. I would suggest reading through at least some of these to see if they generate any ideas similar to what you are trying to do.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#5 ·  Posted

Thank you @JLogan3o13. Will try and come back if I am getting lost.