fatpig

Images exhibit black artifacts

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

can anyone tell me how I stop this from occuring when I place a jpg in my GUI?
White parts become black. might be transparent, too. Not sure.

autoit-blacknwhite.png

#2 ·  Posted

23 minutes ago, fatpig said:

White parts become black. might be transparent, too. Not sure.

Maybe you could have checked before posting to help us help you? ;)
Have you tried settimg the background to white?
Without some script code there isn't much we can help with.

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#3 ·  Posted

oh, alright so this is not standard behaviour?

#4 ·  Posted

3 minutes ago, fatpig said:

oh, alright so this is not standard behaviour?

So you seriously think we create a function to display a JPG in a gui and then deliberately  fuck it up by making a part black? :)

Jos

1 person likes this

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#5 ·  Posted

haha obviously... Back in school when we programmed in "MetaCard", there was always one color in a jpg assigned to transparency,
so I assumed this might work in the same way.

It seems to be the white parts that are discolored, mirroring the JPG compression there I guess.
I use GuiCtrlCreatePic.

I just tried to change the BkColor and sure enough, its transparent!

#6 ·  Posted

Use GDI+. There are plenty of examples how to display an image in the GUI properly.

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• passwd
      By passwd
      Hello. I'm trying to make a form with two pictures and one button. But pictures must overlap one another. First picture I'm getting from screenshot of another window, but second picture must be with alfa channel and positioning on that first image.
      Something like that:
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <ScreenCapture.au3> Global Const $AC_SRC_ALPHA = 1 $Form1_1 = GUICreate("Document", 701, 671, -1, -1) GUISetBkColor(0xFFFFFF) $Pic1 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 8, 8, 409, 657) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Take Picture", 424, 8, 161, 33) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 Generate() EndSwitch WEnd Func Generate() Local $hBMP, $hBitmap, $hGraphic, $WindowToCapture WinActivate("Notepad") $WindowToCapture = ControlGetHandle("Notepad", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]") $hBMP = _ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd ( '', $WindowToCapture,4,4,400,470,False) ; Initialize GDI+ library _GDIPlus_Startup() $PicHandle = GUICtrlGetHandle($Pic1) $myGuiHandle = ControlGetHandle("Document", "", $PicHandle) $TransparentButtonTest = GUICreate("", 0, 0, 390, 130, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $WS_EX_LAYERED, $myGuiHandle) $hImageButton = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile(@ScriptDir & "\2-f.png") SetBitMap($TransparentButtonTest, $hImageButton, 255) GUISetState() WinActivate("Document") ; Draw bitmap to GUI $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP($hBMP) $hGraphic = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND(GUICtrlGetHandle($Pic1)) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphic, $hBitmap, 0, 100) ; Clean up resources _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGraphic) _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBMP) ; Shut down GDI+ library _GDIPlus_Shutdown() EndFunc Func SetBitmap($hGUI, $hImage, $iOpacity) Local $hScrDC, $hMemDC, $hBitmap, $hOld, $pSize, $tSize, $pSource, $tSource, $pBlend, $tBlend $hScrDC = _WinAPI_GetDC(0) $hMemDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hScrDC) $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hImage) $hOld = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hMemDC, $hBitmap) $tSize = DllStructCreate($tagSIZE) $pSize = DllStructGetPtr($tSize) DllStructSetData($tSize, "X", _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage)) DllStructSetData($tSize, "Y", _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage)) $tSource = DllStructCreate($tagPOINT) $pSource = DllStructGetPtr($tSource) $tBlend = DllStructCreate($tagBLENDFUNCTION) $pBlend = DllStructGetPtr($tBlend) DllStructSetData($tBlend, "Alpha", $iOpacity) DllStructSetData($tBlend, "Format", $AC_SRC_ALPHA) _WinAPI_UpdateLayeredWindow($hGUI, $hScrDC, 0, $pSize, $hMemDC, $pSource, 0, $pBlend, $ULW_ALPHA) _WinAPI_ReleaseDC(0, $hScrDC) _WinAPI_SelectObject($hMemDC, $hOld) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBitmap) _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hMemDC) EndFunc ;==>SetBitmap But the most interesting, that I need to move second picture(png FromFile) by draging it with mouse ontop of first image.
      Can you tell me what I have done wrong and maybe there is some easier ways to do this?
    • Michiel
      By Michiel
      I'm trying to use '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> but none of the examples work. Mostly, I'm just not seeing any pictures, just nothing, a window with some text but no picture. What am I doing wrong? Do these examples work for anybody else?
    • GreenCan
      By GreenCan
      New release. 19 June 2013 (1.0.0.4)

There is a relation with this topic SQLite ListView and BLOB demo but I decided to start a completely new Topic because the approach is considerably different from the two previous examples which were only kick-offs to this demo.
      This example shows how binary objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field without having to link to other fields that may contain information of the data object.

In the demo I used 2 approaches for native recognition
      1. For multi-type binary objects, the file name is added in the header of the BLOB
      Multi-type object can be images or any other kind of file.  Because of the object header data, there is no need to identify the object in the binary code
      2. Objects without header data, this works only for images, an algorithm will identify the type of image.
      The demo shows what happens whit objects which are not identifiable, see example 5.
                   Credits to:
                      1. trancexx: GIFAnimation.au3
                                     '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>
                      2. smashly: _ImageResize()
                                     Resizes and converts different graphicformats

3. rover: Customize Draw of Listview rows
                                Optimizations of WS_NOTIFY
                                     I also thank rover for giving a second method to resolve the image space issue.
                                     I implemented the one proposed by KaFu, because very simple to implement
                      4. KaFu: Solved the Listview issue with image space in Columns one.

5. jchd: For some hints and background info on SQLite

6. Yashied: WinAPIEx.au3
                                     '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>
      new release. Version 1.0.0.4
      What's new:
      - added fully generic Add, Edit, Add/Copy, Delete and Find buttons. With fully generic I mean, you don't have to bother about the table content, GUI field inputs will populate accoring to the table definition.
      - Added Field validation, also according to how the columns were defined in the table. (see GUI dynamic input validation for more information)

tested a thousand times... on W7 and WXP 32/64

For a working example you have to download 2 files (see links in between the horizontal lines:
      SQLite GreenCan_demo BLOB in Listview 1.0.0.4.zip GreenCan_demo2.zip (if you already did, don't mind downloading it again) Note:
      For the Edit GUI, you will notice that sometimes one field is not editable, marked as (*PK) in the description. The field is a 'Primary Key autoincrement'. When appending the row, the PK will automatically increment, therefore it is not allowed to edit the field.
      Other fields mared (*) cannot be empty, you can only save the row if these fields contain data.
      In the case (*PK) is editable, you have to put unique data for the Primary key. If you do a copy/add without changing the field content, you will get a not unique Error.
      Special case: I don't allow empty primary key (NULL), while SQLite does, but it's pretty useless anyhow because you can only have 1 NULL in a Primary key.

I have also included a very small non BLOB database, for example 0, to show that the generic edit/add works also here.

SQLite GreenCan_demo BLOB in Listview 1.0.0.4.zip
      and don't forget to download this zip file to complete the required files for the demo
      http://users.telenet.be/GreenCan/AutoIt/GreenCan_demo2.zip

I let you explore the demo and please give me feedback.
      GreenCan
    • triodz
      By triodz
      Hi Everyone! Been away from scripting for a bit and am a bit rusty. 
      I was trying to get downloaded image filenames to increment by one. I was hoping to be able to check the last filename and continue from there if the program was closed and reopened again.
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $biolister = GUICreate("Form1", 125, 97, 192, 124) GUISetBkColor(0x99B4D1) $start = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 8, 40, 41, 33) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x00FFFF) $stop = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop", 72, 40, 41, 33) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFF0000) $Bio = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Bio Lister", 24, 8, 80, 28) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 14, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $filename = 0 $sImgDir = "C:\filepathname\"&$filename&".jpg" $sImgUrl = "http://lorempixel.com/400/200" $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $stop Exit case $start InetGet($sImgUrl, $simgdir, 1, 0) if fileexists( $simgdir & $filename) then $filename + 1 EndSwitch WEnd