Restoring Vaulted Enterpirse Emails via outlook with autoit

IanN1990

Hi All,

Using Outlook.UDF I am able to export all my emails (as docs) and attachments separately.

The code works flawless apart from when it reaches a vaulted item. As outlook stores vaulted items as plain text shortcuts, that's all I can export. No images or attachments.

If I highlight the emails first, go to the enterprise vault and restore them my code works fine but because of the scale (thousands of emails across multipliable folders) this is not very practical.

Does anyone know of a way of getting Autoit + outlook to programmatically restore vaulted items as it comes across them?

Ian

Not sure what version or product you have, but the Enterprise Vault add-in My Co is using, isn't actually in outlook, it's an embedded web page that is displayed so it "looks" like it's within outlook.  in order to automate that I think you would need to use _IE functions and use the Download from inside that, but it would be incredibly slow.

I'm assuming you don't have access to the Enterprise Vault Admin tools specifically built to find and output messages for lawsuits.