Help with dll use

billmez

Hi all,

I am trying to use ftp4win32.dll with AutoIt 3.1.0 and can't find much about dll use in the help file. I would apprecialte any help or suggestions.

The authors documentation is with the dll so I have a function list, etc. and have succesfully used it before in xblite (windows xbasic). The test code follows:

##################################################

$dll = DllOpen("ftp4w32.dll")

$oresult = DllCall ( $dll, "int", "FtpOpenConnection" , "str", "ftp.mediacoast.net")

$uresult = DllCall ( $dll, "int", "FtpSendUserName" , "str", "USERNAME")

$presult = DllCall ( $dll, "int", "FtpSendPasswd" , "str", "PASSWORD")

$cresult = DllCall ( $dll, "int", "FtpCloseConnection")

I am just passing the result variables to a MsgBox to test and checking the server log to see if a connection is made.

I am getting no returns or log info. I have attached the ftp4win zip dll and info.

Thanks,

Bill

FTP4W32.zip

Hi all,

I am trying to use ftp4win32.dll with AutoIt 3.1.0 and can't find much about dll use in the help file. I would apprecialte any help or suggestions.

The authors documentation is with the dll so I have a function list, etc. and have succesfully used it before in xblite (windows xbasic). The test code follows:

$oresult = DllCall ( $dll, "int", "FtpOpenConnection" , "str", "ftp.mediacoast.net")

I am just passing the result variables to a MsgBox to test and checking the server log to see if a connection is made.

I am getting no returns or log info. I have attached the ftp4win zip dll and info.

Thanks,

Bill

you may want to check out some of the other FTP UDF's out there, they may give you examples using the DLL, or give you a better way to do it without that dll...

Thanks for the reply. After trying this dll for a while, I found the ftp.au3 by W0uter, and with a few mods, it will do what I need.

After researching the functions in wininet.dll that are available, I added some constants to the UDF that can be used for ASCII and binary transfers along with a function to send commands to the FTP server for things like a passive connection and transfer type.

When I am done I will post the UDF to a new thread.

Bill

Hi all,

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks for the reply. After trying this dll for a while, I found the ftp.au3 by W0uter, and with a few mods, it will do what I need.

After researching the functions in wininet.dll that are available, I added some constants to the UDF that can be used for ASCII and binary transfers along with a function to send commands to the FTP server for things like a passive connection and transfer type.

When I am done I will post the UDF to a new thread.

Bill

cool