antmar904

Read output from a remote GUI app

antmar904

Hi

I sometimes start a TrendMicro OfficeScan scan on a remote computer using the command line.  Does so launches a GUI on the remote computer with the scan progress.  Is there a way to capture the remote GUI progress and view it live while it's updating on my computer with STDOUT?

Here is a snapshot of the remote computer scan GUI when I initiate the remote scan via the command line:

Capture.PNG

Earthshine

RDP to it and watch it

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

orbs

@antmar904,

although i currently do not have access to a Trend-Micro OfficeScan environment to check on, i'm fairly certain the command line scanner should have the option to scan silently and report the output to stdout (or to a file, or ideally to a central control interface). i imagine you don't want to interfere with the remote user workflow by presenting them with the scanner GUI. consult the documentation for the command line scanner, or other relevant support channels. your solution will probably not be AutoIt-centered.

antmar904
5 minutes ago, orbs said:

@antmar904,

although i currently do not have access to a Trend-Micro OfficeScan environment to check on, i'm fairly certain the command line scanner should have the option to scan silently and report the output to stdout (or to a file, or ideally to a central control interface). i imagine you don't want to interfere with the remote user workflow by presenting them with the scanner GUI. consult the documentation for the command line scanner, or other relevant support channels. your solution will probably not be AutoIt-centered.

Hi @orbs

Yes I was going to go that route also.  Thank you for the note!