Sign in to follow this  
charlieb

SSH using Plink / Putty

charlieb

I have a CMD batch file that contains the following.

putty -i key.ppk -R 12345:localhost:22 user@mycompany.com -pw testing123

GOAL:  I'd like AutoIt script to run the same exact command above, but ASK for a number, and whatever  number is inputted in the response to automatically REPLACE the 12345 number above with the entered number by the user and run the command.  So when a user enters for example, 9876, then the scripts run the command below...

putty -i key.ppk -R 9876:localhost:22 user@mycompany.com -pw testing123

Thank you for any assistance.

badcoder123

I have no idea on how to use any of that but I think this is what you're looking for?

$input = InputBox("Key", "Enter the numeric key.")
Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'putty -i key.ppk -R ' & $input & ':localhost:22 user@mycompany.com -pw testing123', "", @SW_SHOW) ;Change flag to @SW_HIDE

• Like 1

charlieb

thx badcoder123 it works when I run the script, but I should of corrected my own CMD script.  

It is actually .\putty -i .\key.ppk -R 9876:localhost:22 user@mycompany.com -pw testing123  as you can see I have .\ prepending the command putty and key.ppk because I create an EXE that run my cmd script file with that content along with putty and the key.ppk file - all 3 files together in an EXE created by IEXPRESS.  IEXPRESS just happends to extract those 3 files together to a temporary directory and executes the batch file and calls those other 2 files; hence .\ prepend.  If I combine replace the cmd with your EXE based script, it doesn't execute.  I did this and it didn't work.  How do I ensure that when EXE that extracts this 3 files in temp dir that it calls them or refers to them.  Thank you.

$input = InputBox("Key", "Enter the numeric key.") Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & '.\putty -i .\key.ppk -R ' & $input & ':localhost:22 user@mycompany.com -pw testing123', "", @SW_SHOW) ;Change flag to @SW_HIDE

Earthshine
Posted (edited)

you will probably want to change to that temp directory then beforehand, else provide full path names. i would find the temp and make it the working dir.

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/FileChangeDir.htm

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

charlieb

Ok, it works now.  Thanks  all.

• Like 1