AutoIT popping error at startup

Hi:

I have a computer popping the attached error at startup.  How to remove AutoIT?  It's not in Programs and I don't see where this script is cfg. to run at startup.  It's not in the startup folder nor in a registry key for startup, i.e. not shown as a startup item in MSCONFIG.  At one point this machine had notepad.exe pegging the CPU but after killing it and running a virus scan it quarantined the item that the script is trying to run, thus the error.

Thank you!

AutoIT Error.jpg

When this error pops - check out with task viewer the name of the exe that is running and that produced the error. Then you can find the exe on your hard drive and search for it in the startup folders and registry more easily.

There is a great and fast search utility called Everything. Once you know the file you’re looking for you can find it there. Everything is a free application for downloading 

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• Moderators

@robhe unfortunately this is a Windows system issue not an AutoIt issue. Like any other programming language, we do not control what applications users write. You have apparently downloaded and installed something that is less than legitimate that was written in AutoIt. You will need to go through the normal process of removing it with A/V or a system scan for the offending files as mentioned above.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!