Mbee

A curious, intermittent problem with aut2exe\aut2exe_x64

Mbee

I'm experiencing a very strange but intermittent problem when I try to build my x64 code.  Most of the time everything works fine, but randomly and fairly frequently I'll get the following error messages:  First, a popup error box: "Error: Unable to add resources."  Then the following at the bottom of SciTE:

Aut2exe.exe ended with errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build. (C:\Users\mjb\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AUAE9.tmp.exe)rc:2

(it actually ran aut2exe_x64.exe).  What makes this so strange is that, every time this happens, if I change nothing at all and simply perform the build again, it almost always works fine again (though sometimes I have to try more than once).  Now, I'm aware that anti-virus and other protection tools can cause this kind of error, but not only have I turned all of them off but the fact that it'll work fine again next time pretty much proves that kind of thing isn't at fault this time.

This isn't catastrophic, obviously, just puzzling and mildly annoying.

Edited by Mbee

BrewManNH

Anti-virus or shared folder issue.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Jos

Did you exclude the temp directory "C:\Users\mjb\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\"  from your Anti Virus software?

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Mbee

Not only that, but I completely disabled it and my firewall (which also watches for various violations).  And again, if it were related to either of these, why does it work perfectly when I simply build again?

BrewManNH

Are you using a OneDrive or similar type folder?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Mbee
Just now, BrewManNH said:

Are you using a OneDrive or similar type folder?

No, just an ordinary local folder on a hard drive that is not shared.

Jos

There has to be a process on the computer that locks the file at the time AUT2EXE creates the temp binary and tries to update the PE Header's resource info.

Jos 

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Mbee
12 minutes ago, Jos said:

There has to be a process on the computer that locks the file at the time AUT2EXE creates the temp binary and tries to update the PE Header's resource info.

Jos 

I see, whatever it is, that other process can be active intermittently which explains why it sometimes works correctly.  I'll look for such.

Thanks!

jpm

I face he same problem when compiling, so I need to disable Windows Denfender Antivirus an reenable it after it the produce .exe is ok for the antivirus !!!

Edited by jpm