Windows Updates And Service Packs

Has anyone have an idea on how to PUSH OUT service packs and/or Windows updates to computers on a Domain? Also, if possible...if it could be done behind the scenes with nothing on the users computer. I would like to be able to sit at my computer and write a program to be able to push out XP updates to the XP computers....and 2000 Updates to all the Win 2000 computers on my network.

Thank you

It's not exactly what you are looking for, but if you are only using xp/2000 machines, look at SUS. It uses the windows update client, so new software need be installed on xp. 2000 might require an updated windows update client.

Configuration changes are made via registry, or through Active Directory Group policy if available. This works ok, but the logging is almost nonexistent. You will have to parse the iis logs on the sus server for status. I wish the next version WUS would arrive, it seems to address most of the shortcomings of the current version.

http://www.microsoft.com/sus

I have a script on every workstation (both Win2000 and WinXP) in the All Users\Startup folder that calls a script on the server. I only need to modify the script on the server to apply patches, push software, and collect information. I haven't had a need to change the workstation script since I installed them. 803 Win2K boxes 90 WinXP boxes.

I just installed a illegal copy of Windows 2000 on my computer, and I was wondering

if there is any "if-you-update-this-illegal-version-of-windows-I'm-gonna-fuck-your-computer-up"-security in Windows 2000 ?

Like in XP....Which I personally found out :D

(Sorry for screwing up your topic, PerryRaptor)

• 3 weeks later...

Sure, you want to be advertizing illegal activities/pirated software on a public forum. :huh2: You should be expecting a call from Microsoft's private investigators any minute now. :D

I do not know the answer to your question because I have legal versions of the software I have. :) Besides, I am computer dealer, so if you want a legal copy of software, let me know and I will see what I can do. I do my best in the Greater Toronto Area, Canada.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

• Developers

Besides, I am computer dealer, so if you want a legal copy of software, let me know and I will see what I can do.  I do my best in the Greater Toronto Area, Canada.

Aha... free advertising Forum :D

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

It does say that I am now a Spammer! so I guess I will try just about anywhere to get my message across. :huh2: But I will be charging standard retail for legal versions, not too-good-to-be-true prices for software that never arrives or is an illegally burned copy of legal software.

Less than 100 more messages and I get to set my own message! :D

Edited by Nutster

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...