INetSMTPMail not working in latest Autoit

Hi,

I have been using Auotit to send status emails from a variety of systems (external to my work using gmail) including my work desktop PC (using company email gateway) - sending emails addressed to me and from me.

A few days ago I upgraded to the latest version of Autoit (3.3.14.4) and I cannot send emails from my PC using INetSMTPmail through our mail gateway.

To test this I grabbed a script that worked on a PC running a previous version of Autoit and that worked fine from the other PC which has an earlier version of Autoit on it. I had the source code for that and an exe so copied them to my PC and run the exe code which worked fine (sent me the status email). I then opened the source code in the SciTE editor and ran it, the script runs fine but doesn't send the email. I added some code to print out the error and I got 

"Mail failed with error code 1"

checking the help file there is no explanation for Error Code 1.

Running my new scripts I get the error

"Mail failed with error code 50"

I don't understand why I get two different error codes - or why in the latest version it fails.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

I guess I could copy the script to the PC with the earlier version of Autoit and compile it and see what happens.

George

@GeorgeP, welcome to the AutoIt forum.

the latest version is 3.3.14.5, not 3.3.14.4 as you mentioned. please update and test again.

if the problem persists, remember that _INetSMPTMail() is not a core function, it's a UDF - meaning, the source is available for you to read, understand and troubleshoot (it is in the file "Inet.au3" in the AutoIt "Include" folder, typically "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include"). for example, the very first line validates the parameters and may return @error 1.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff