jestoner

New Install

jestoner

I have worked through a bunch of hoops to get here, and just hit a wall with this one.  I have a MS Office install and when I run it the window on it appears 3 times, each time with the same label.  I would like to be able to select close on it automatically and move to the next software.  When I try and get the info for the window, it is identical to the starting window, but has different info in it.  When I look at visible text, there is none.  I have it set now so that I can manually click close and continue, but I want to walk away and have it continue to work.

BatMan22

In case you don't want to configure microsoft office for a silent install, you could of course us imagesearch, but it's a bad solution. 

JLogan3o13
13 hours ago, BatMan22 said:

In case you don't want to configure microsoft office for a silent install, you could of course us imagesearch, but it's a bad solution. 

Then why suggest it? Subz has already suggested the correct way to do this; suggesting something as unreliable as imagesearch is simply going to compound the OP's frustrations.

Edited by JLogan3o13

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

BatMan22
10 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Then why suggest it? Subz has already suggested the correct way to do this; suggesting something as unreliable as imagesearch is simply going to compound the OP's frustrations.

No harm in having extra info right? I just suggested it in case OP wanted to stick with autoit instead of customizing the install. That being said, while a bit unstable as far as dealing with changes from what you program it for, it's great for repetitive tasks that can't be automated in any other way or are equally unreliable with other methods. I mean if you want to click on a start menu, and you never cover up the start menu.. it will never fail in my experience (not what I use it for).

JLogan3o13
14 hours ago, BatMan22 said:

No harm in having extra info right?

There is when you yourself state it is a bad solution. There is an industry standard solution for creating a silent install of Office, which can then be deployed with AutoIt just fine.

As to your suggestion on launching the Start Menu with ImageSearch..:x

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Duck
      By Duck
      I'm attempting to read each line of a word document and assign the line to a variable. Similarly to how you can read a line from a text file (.txt or .csv) using FileReadLine(). So far i have been unsuccessful in reading from a .doc/.docx file, nor have i found any documentation that has helped.

In searching for a solution i did find a function to convert the word doc to a text file, however my script is for (PCI) auditing purposes and i do not want to create a new file on the HDD.  I have also read through the _Word UDF help files... Unless im not understanding the _Word UDF correctly, I did not see anything that functions similarly to the FileReadLine function.
      Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!  

Here is what i have been attempting to do(doesn't work): 

#include <file.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <LuhnCheck.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <Word.au3> Global $sPath = 'C:\Users\' Global $filePath Global $pii = @ScriptDir & '\pii_CreditCard.csv' Global $filesArray = _FileListToArrayRec($sPath , '*.txt;*.csv;*.doc;*.docx;*.xls;*.xlsx',1,1,0,2) For $i = 1 to $filesArray[0] ;Loop through file extensions and add files to the fileArray ;Assign the position in the filesArray to filePath (filePath is set to full path in FileListToArrayRec) $filePath = $filesArray[$i] readFile($filePath) Next Func readFile($file) If StringInStr($file, '.txt') Or StringInStr($file, '.csv') Then ; .txt file readTxtFile($file) ElseIf StringInStr($file, '.doc') Then ; .doc & .docx files ;============================================== part that does not work========================= Local $oWord = _Word_Create() ;$openFile = FileOpen($file, 0); While 1 Local $line = FileReadLine(_Word_DocOpen($oWord, $file, Default, Default, True)) If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop ;lookForCreditCardNumbers($line) MsgBox(0,0, $line) WEnd FileClose($openFile) ;============================================== part that does not work========================== EndIf EndFunc Func readTxtFile($fileToOpen) $openFile = FileOpen($fileToOpen, 0); open file for reading and assing it to the openFile variable While 1 Local $line = FileReadLine($openFile) If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop lookForCreditCardNumbers($line) WEnd FileClose($openFile) EndFunc Func lookForCreditCardNumbers($evaluateString) $aResult = StringRegExp($evaluateString, '[4|5|3|6][0-9]{15}|[4|5|3|6][0-9]{3}[-| ][0-9]{4}[-| ][0-9]{4}[-| ][0-9]{4}', $STR_REGEXPARRAYMATCH) If Not @error Then Local $newString1 = StringReplace($aResult[0], ' ', '') ;remove spaces Local $newString2 = StringReplace($newString1, '-', '') ;remove dashes Local $bool = _LuhnValidate($newString2) ; Check possible CC number against the Luhn algorithm If $bool = 'True' Then Local $piiCSV = FileOpen($pii, 1) ;open text file for appending/writing, 1 FileWriteLine($piiCSV, $filePath & ', ' & $newString2) FileClose($piiCSV) EndIf EndIf EndFunc